Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Day at the Beach

We had March Madness on Friday with seventy degree weather and fifty degrees yesterday. But this morning I noted it was in the thirties and tomorrow is in the forties. Where did springtime go? I need a day at the beach. Does anyone else?

If we can't get to the beach, I'm bringing the beach to us, with a quick visit to Lanzarote. Lanzarote is one of the Canary Islands, only seventy-nine miles off the coast of Africa. During the cruise this stop was made instead of our visit to Morocco. We had a lovely day in this pretty beach town. We didn't do any formal sight-seeing, but enjoyed walking along the beach.









 We found a wonderful shop -- with the best gelato! -- and had lunch. 

I'm warmed up, before I go out in winter coat and gloves for March in New York.  Hope you enjoyed the sunshine, too. 

The "green" photos were Southern Spain and olive groves. 


10 comments:

Marydon said...

Oh, how enticing! the food, beaches, sunshine ... you are such a TEASE, Carol.

Happy Spring ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Pam said...

Oh, lucky you! It looks beautiful and surely beats the 40's and a thunderstorm here. Enjoy!!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Chilly here too! Thank you for the trip to the Beach today! I really enjoyed the pictures and am hoping your Sunday is a wonderful one!

Kathleen said...

It barely broke out of the 40's here! Some difference!
Happy Spring Buttercup! I went to Villanova, but they are out now!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Honey I can not tell you how much the beach has been whispering Maggie to me. Lord knows I need to answer its call.
These lovely pictures made me want to even more so. I had a friend that vacationed there for a few weeks and loved it. I can now why. lol
You thoughtful generous comment was a much needed and welcome surprise for me today on my writing. I have wanted to finish this one I started before my husband left and have not been able to pick it up until just now. The only chapter I wrote after he left was a murder scene. hahaha
Have a wonderful week and I appreciate you
Love
Maggie

Chatty Crone said...

Hey I'll go to that beach with you and then stop for a cupcake and some coffee.

sandie

Mary said...

I love those photos. The beach and the water look wonderful and those pastries would make the day sweeter still. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Lynda said...

That water is sooooo beautiful! And gelato - - - - does anything really taste better? I think not!

LDH said...

Cold here too and maybe a little snow in the forecast. Makes those beach photos extra special to look at!

TheNote said...

WOWOW! Reminders of days living near a beach -
Thank you for warming me up a little -
Now, i gotta find a gelato shop . .

-g-