Powered by Blogger.

Two Rules of the Camera...

Rule One: Never Leave Home Without My Camera. Never!

I stopped at Border's tonight to buy a book for the plane to Memphis and noticed a large number of people in line holding books. This almost always means there is a celebrity book signing going on. I not so discretely looked at the books that folks were holding and saw they were by Jeff Dunham. While not very familiar with him I know he is famous, and of course, I didn't have my camera with me. I'd left it home this morning thinking that there wasn't much I expected to photograph today. Of course, I carry my camera just in case there is something unexpected I want to photograph and have carried it every day since I bought it last December. Lesson learned and I apologize for the lack of Jeff Dunham photos.

Rule Two: Take Many More Photos Than You Could Possibly Need. Many More!

Sheilagh, Ralph and Lincoln Center

I have a lovely picture of Sheilagh and Ralph, who I had the complete pleasure to have dinner with last night. What fun! As it seems to be the way when I meet blog friends, they are friends, and we had a wonderful, fun and much too quick evening. After dinner we walked over to Lincoln Center for sight seeing and photos and though I think Sheilagh and I are two of the cutest 60 year olds anywhere I didn't like any of the pictures of me at all. She is lovely in any picture. I am ever optimistic that in many more photos there would have been one that I liked of myself to share. It was a great evening, though, my pictures aside, and I now have even more reasons to plan a trip to England. Please stop by Sheilagh's blog and say hello. She is lovely and it's as sweet and comfortable as an afternoon cup of tea with a friend. 

Time to pack and get ready for my Memphis trip. There will be seven of us and I am so excited. Definitely a trip to Graceland is on the agenda. Any other Elvis fans in Blogland? There will be pictures and this time I will take lots of them!

Wishes for a great Thursday!

8 comments

Melinda said...

Enjoy your trip to Memphi---you'll love Graceland too.
But NO FLASH photos are allowed.
Have fun!!!

Melinda

accidental carer said...

Glad you and Sheilagh and Ralph had fun- maybe I will be there next time if Sheilagh gets her way. I am certainly not objecting to visiting New York instead of Turkey!!
Oh and enjoy Graceland you lucky thing xx

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's wonderful that you can connect with so many blog friends. I've never personally met one I know. I've not been to Memphis so will be looking forward to those pictures. Have a Happy Thursday!

Maggid said...

Thank you for the tip (I always need to be reminded) AND the cool memory -
Happy Travels!

Lisa said...

You know IT never fails when you leave your camera you need your camera. I hate it when that happens.

and your right! You can NEVER take to many pictures! That is what I always tell my husband.

Are you going to Elvis' Graceland or the one my father named after my mother Coach Wood's Graceland?

Chatty Crone said...

I've never been to Graceland, but I would love to go. sandie

West Side of Straight said...

I've forgotten camera many times too, and shame my self afterwards. Oh, wish I was going to Graceland and Memphis with you!!!!!!!!! That was one thing when I was younger that I always had wanted to do, go to an Elvis concert. Missed one in Duluth MN, and wish I'd spent the money and gone. Another one, was wanted to see a Johnny Cash concert when he was in his prime too. Happy travels, Jo

Sybil said...

I for one am praying that we will be able to meet up in the UK one day...until we do keep us posted with all your news and wonderful photographs that take us in to your lovey city and on holiday with you.
much love Sybil x