Powered by Blogger.

Warm Winter Wishes








I'm spending a quiet day after Christmas. I have a slightly scratchy throat and the weather outside is frightful -- dark and cold and wet -- so I am drinking tea and trying to make some order out of the chaos of my apartment. I've been sorting through the Christmas things and taking note of what I need -- more tags -- and what I don't need -- more cards. I'm throwing away slightly smashed bows and odds and ends of paper and trying to get everything into one (or maybe two) shopping bags and putting things away neatly. The next projects are sorting through piles of mail and catalogs and posting books I've read or never will read on BookMooch, a great on-line trading site.

Christmas Day was fun. Too much food -- all yummy! -- and good company. I've now spent at least six Christmas celebrations with my friends' families and it's really tradition.

The tree was lovely this year

The house across the street from my friends' house looked so pretty


Warm Wishes for a cup of tea with friends and warm memories!






10 comments

Lucy said...

Yes, I too have a box jammed full of odd bits of ribbon, wrapping and renegade tags. Each year I try to weed them out to actually get rid of the box, but every year the level in the box seems to stay the same. It's like a gremlin or a nasty joke on me; the control freak who makes plans to make plans! Agh!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Sometimes a cup of tea works better than anything. I often put a teaspoon of honey in mine. Honey is supposed to be soothing for the throat and good for you too. Keep warm!

Unknown said...

Warm sweet wishes for your quick recovery. Your tree is lovely ...
TTFN ~Marydon

Teacherfish said...

Hope you feel better. I spent Christmas Eve with friends (wrote about it on my blog) and then saw Avatar and substituted Japanese food for the traditional Chinese. Hope tomorrow is drier and we both can get out and enjoy Christmas in the city.

Tricia said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Wah, don't get sick, m'dear! Just tell those germies to back off!!! Drown them with tea and poison them with leftover fruitcake!!!

Simply Debbie said...

HELLO MY FRIEND,
VISITING YOU IS LIKE VISITING A LOVELY SHOP, FULL TO THE BRIM OF BEAUTIFUL THINGS AND SOFT MUSIC AND SUDDENLY YOU FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE LOST SOMETHING.......THAT IS SURELY RIGHT....VISITING YOU AND CATCHING UP ON THE POSTS I MISSED JUST RELEASES MY STRESS. YOU ARE AWESOME, BUTTERCUP. I LOVE THE PICTURES YOU POST AND ALL THE THINGS YOU WRITE...YOU ARE JUST LIKE A BIG HUG.
YOUR TREE WAS BEAUTIFUL AND I AM HAPPY YOU RECEIVED GIFTS AT THE OFFICE AND THOSE SLIPPERS YOU BOUGHT LOOK MIGHTY WARM.
I WAS REREADING YOUR PROFILE AND YOUR GOAL FOR THE YEAR.....I WOULD SAY FROM EVERYTHING I HAVE READ THAT YOU HAVE POSTED YOU SURELY OBTAINED YOUR GOAL. CONGRATS!!!!!!!
ANGEL HUGS
DEBBIE

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Tea always feels the best going down it seems. Maybe Chicken noodle soup too. Quiet activity and tea, that's the ticket. I need to go through, sort, dispose of, and put away Christmas decor...it grows each year!
Be well for the new year!

Sybil said...

I am so glad that you had such a lovelytime over Christmas. we all seem to eat and drink far to much in just that one day...mind you as the only driver I only had one small glass of champers !!
Now is the run up to the New Year. Although sinse we moved from Scotland New Year has not held the same attraction...I would rather just go to bed than wait up till midnight....we will see if I can persuade Mary to go home early this year ! Hope your cold does not develope into anything...keep warm and take as much rest as possible
Much Love Sybil xx

k and c's mom said...

Catching up on blog reading. Hope you are feeling better! Ironic that you said it was 50 degrees there when you went to Rockefeller Center, and we had ice and snow in Missouri/Oklahoma on my trip "north".