Powered by Blogger.

Let the Sun Shine!

Finally, finally after three weeks we had two real days of sunshine. No umbrellas for two whole days. I'd almost forgotten how good that feels. I did some running around -- banks, post office, pharmacy and groceries -- and got to services and to two plays.

"The Tin Pan Alley Rag" is about a meeting between Irving Berlin and Scott Joplin. The acting was very good and the music -- Berlin and Joplin -- even better. It was a totally enjoyable evening.

The second play, "Archbishop Supreme Tartuffe" is a very loose Gospel version of Moliere's "Tartuffe." Tartuffe is pictured on the currency above. The music was great and the cast, which included Andre de Shields (on the currency) who I'd seen in "Ain't Misbehavin" years ago and Ted Lange, Isaac Washington on "The Love Boat" were terrific. It was a completely fun afternoon.

Wishes to all for a great week!

6 comments

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day!

Robyn Campbell said...

We had a lot of rain here too. Then poof, it was gone. Now nothing!

Sounds like you were very busy. The two plays sounded great.

And now it's Monday! :)

Chatty Crone said...

Sounds like a great day! I wish I could send you some sunshine (along with the heat and humidity - lol - that comes with it). Whew it's hot here. Glad you had a sunny day.

Simply Debbie said...

Dear Buttercup
I am so glad the sun is shining for you. I just caught up on the posts I missed.
The plays sound awesome
Amy has chemotherapy the next 3 days if her counts are up and I will be thinking about your post...are adults over 50 taking the knee
IF YOU WANT TO WRITE A BOOK...YOU SHOULD!!!! NEVER LOOK BACK AND WONDER.
I have always wanted to write a book myself.
what would you write...a biography...a mystery...historical
hugs
debbie

k and c's mom said...

What a day! Glad that you are out and about and having a great time.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I don't own an umbrella...LOL...tee hee...had a lot of 'em back in Washington state, but here, no need! Glad ye got some sun there finally!