Powered by Blogger.

I Love the Night Life (2)


And so does this cute guy!


I had so much fun last week walking in the Times Square area I decided to go back after work tonight. My path was from Times Square, Broadway and 42nd St. to 50th Street and Seventh Avenue, where I would take the subway home. A great walk and lots going on.




This is 42nd Street looking west from Times Square. Mme Tussaud's Wax Museum, theaters and restaurants.



This is the "news zipper" and the new Walgreens. On top of this building is where the ball drops every New Year's Eve.





Walking north up Broadway is a new traffic, or rather no-traffic experiment. The traffic is detoured off a small section of Broadway and there are lawn chairs. Not sure if it improves the traffic flow, but it sure is fun.




I passed the theater where I saw "9 to 5,"



And arrived at one of my favorite places in NYC, the M and Ms Store, where one of my favorites dances the day and night away.


I love the Pillsbury Doughboy, but I think Blue is even cuter.


Dear Gentle Readers, I hope Blue and I can tempt you to visit New York City. If you can't make it this summer, there's always autumn in New York!

9 comments

blushing rose said...

I'm on my way ... wellllllll, mentally & visually.
*wink* ... great post. Love NY.
TTFN ~ Marydon

Country Whispers said...

I'd love to visit NY some day. I would be so out of my league there but it would be great. You would be sooooo bored in our neck of the woods after having all those great places in NY.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

VISIT NEW YORK???!!! I'd be scared to death. But I'm enjoying looking at your fair city from 2,000 miles away!!!

Robyn Campbell said...

I wanna visit!! Maybe someday--SOON! Love seeing your pics. Keep 'em coming, will you? :)

Anonymous said...

I would SO love to talk Barney into a trip to the city--when we lived in Connecticut we went ONCE but he was so afraid that someone would steal the flintmobile that we didn't enjoy.

Maybe..just maybe I can talk him into it :)

Chatty Crone said...

I would love to come to New York. Now I love looking at it through you.

Jess said...

Just to clarify, Buttercup is in her element anywhere in the world. This is just how she sees the world and makes it brighter everywhere. She visited me in a tiny town in Panama for a week and loved every second of it - she made this tiny hole in the wall town seem just as interesting as New York City (I spent many weeks there digging in the dirt, trust me it wasn't).

Buttercup said...

Jess, you are too kind. But I did have a great time in Chitre and so glad I went. Really enjoyed the dig and just being part of the life of the town sitting in Casa de Pan Uno y Dos and drinking coffee and watching the world go by.

InsLady said...

Great Post... Gotta love the m&m disco. I am really enjoying reading your blog. As I am reading, I can imagine myself sitting at a broadway play or relaxing in a lawnchair on Broadway..