Powered by Blogger.

Buttercup Loves Books

...and just about anything about books. Of course that includes reading, but also libraries, book stores and talking about books. My after-school and summer job was in our neighborhood library, where I'd spent about half of my growing up years. I worked in the libraries in two colleges, was on the library committee in graduate school, worked in a bookstore in Nashville (and loved it!) and my first job in NYC was at a publishing house. I spent my days running a calculator and didn't love it at all.

I also love going to book readings and discussions and had the treat tonight to hear David Wroblewski discuss his novel, "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle." I haven't read it, but am definitely intrigued. As someone who dreams of publishing a novel, it was a great comfort to hear that he worked on it for 15 years. I've got something (not quite a full-fledged novel yet) that I've been working on for a few years and do lose heart that it will ever be ready to leave my apartment.
But tonight gave me renewed heart to keep writing.

Sweet dreams, gentle readers!

3 comments

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I think you have the key there: Just keep writing!

Jess said...

Keep writing, I can't wait to read it. Personally, I would save your time and just enjoy knowing the book might be good. I didn't enjoy it - not enough editing for me. Beautiful prose often, but hard to keep up the story.

Christy Lee said...

I just happened by your blog today and thought I would say hello. I enjoyed my visit! Take care.
Christy Lee
Petals and Pine