Powered by Blogger.

Happy Birthday, Dear Humphrey Bogart!






I was all set to post the clue that it was the 100th birthday of one of my favorite actors when I checked my email and found a very nice note from http://hisdoorkeeper.blogspot.com/and the correct answer for our little quiz. West 103rd St, about half a mile from my house, is Humphrey Bogart Place. I am delighted and my blog friend, you are the winner of a New York souvenir. "Casablanca" is just about my favorite movie of all time and I am also a big fan of "The African Queen" the movie for which Mr. Bogart did win the Academy Award as well as "The Maltese Falcon." If you like movies -- I love movies! -- I highly recommend the great blog of one of all time favorite people, my dear Jess and her wonderful http://insightintoentertainment.blogspot.com.
"The Baster" is still being filmed a block away and they're going to be there all week. It is an immense temptation to take tomorrow or Thursday off and hang out on Broadway and watch the filming. I'm pretty sure I'll not succumb to this temptation, but I think it would be fun.
Good night dear friends and very sweet dreams!

1 comment

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I wonder, with a name like "The Baster," if that is going to be a comedy movie?

Congrats to your winner!!! I would never have guessed Humphrey Bogart!