Powered by Blogger.

Monkey Monday Salutes Baseball

 

Fervent baseball fan, Pep, is ready for the World Series

The last time the Yankees won the the World Series was 2009, the year that Buttercupland began. There have been some lackluster years since then for Pep's and my favorite team. I had begun to believe that I might not get to see another World Series with my beloved Yankees again. But Pep and I never gave up hope and the Yankees will be playing the Dodgers again for the first time since 1981. 


Pep "meets" his baseball idol at the National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY

Pep wears number 42 in honor of his favorite player, Mariano Rivera. The number 42 has since been retired by all baseball teams, in tribute to the great Dodgers player, Jackie Robinson.  We were both fascinated by the baseball history we learned during our visit. 


Yankee Stadium, Bronx, NY

I took this picture of Yankee Stadium during a visit in 2010. I've been to minor league games both for the Yankees and the Mets in the interim. I also enjoyed two spring training games while I was in Phoenix this spring. I didn't plan ahead and didn't think to buy a ticket for the Series while the playoffs were going on. I just checked for tickets a little while ago and they're sold out. I found tickets on a resale site and for $1,300+ I can attend the first night of the World Series at Yankee Stadium. It's tempting, but not tempting enough. There won't be any play-by-play commentary from Buttercupland, but I expect at least one more post about baseball. Is anyone else looking forward to the World Series?

It was definitely summer in New York today and I loved being out without a jacket. It's not going to happen very much longer, so I'm savoring these last warm days of the year. I attended my Zoom book club with my friends in Richmond -- what a great group -- and then worked on projects in my apartment. I did get out a couple of times to get in some walking and do a quick grocery stop. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a terrific Tuesday. 





No comments