Powered by Blogger.

Happy 115th!

Al Roker was the surprise guest at the Good Housekeeping  115th anniversary celebration


I had the great good fortune to be part of the Good Housekeeping's 115th anniversary. Yes, 115 years of the Seal of Approval. Good Housekeeping pulled out the stops to make it a great day for the participants and to salute this legendary institution. There was a fabulous lunch, with my favorite sticky toffee pudding for dessert. Everything was delicious and the table setting was lovely. 

Yummy and (mostly) healthy eating, too!


Sticky Toffee Pudding and Bourbon Caramel Sauce  -- as good as it looked


After lunch we (media members and influencers) toured the Good Housekeeping labs. It was a fascinating afternoon. Each lab -- fabric, appliances, test kitchen for a few -- was so interesting. I enjoyed the opportunity to meet with staff and see the various methods used to determine what products receive the Seal of Approval. 


The Good Housekeeping Test Kitchen
 

The Test Kitchen was one of my favorite spots. This is where the recipes for the magazine are developed and where major appliances are tested. I enjoyed learning about everything that goes on here, meeting the staff and the delicious red velvet cookies that were served. 


Loved the view of Central Park

I can't begin to thank Good Housekeeping for this fabulous opportunity. It exceeded any expectations I had. Here's to -- at least -- another 115 years for Good Housekeeping and the Seal of Approval. 

My heart and prayers go out to friends in Florida. I'm watching the weather as I type and hoping, hoping that the reality won't be as dire as the forecast. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care. 
  

No comments