Powered by Blogger.

Now We Are Fifteen


I wouldn't have gotten to Biddestone (Wiltshire, England) 
without my dear blog friend, Sybil

 

On Monday January 12, 2009 I came home from work and decided to start a blog. It was a very spur of the moment idea, but I found "Blogger," thought of a title, "Buttercup Counts Her Blessings," and wrote my first post, "New Year, New Blog." It was all of nine lines. I didn't know how to post a photograph, so it was just text. I didn't get a comment. I posted six more times that January and by the end of the month I had figured out how to post photographs. I received seven comments all month. Despite the lack of response I decided to keep blogging. 




By my one year Blogaversary, I had made lots of blog friends and by April, 2010 I had gone to Maryland for my first blog get-together. I still am in touch with a number of the bloggers I met during the weekend. I can't count the number of blog buddies I've been able to spend time with all over the world, and I am grateful for all the good times that we've shared. 

Fifteen years have gone by since that first post in 2009.  My world has been enriched beyond anything I could have imagined when I wrote the first lines. None of the good times, friendship and connections would have been possible without all of the Citizens of Buttercupland. Dear friends, you've visited, commented and reached out by email and by the postal service, and I can't imagine my life without all of my Buttercupland friends. 

I can't send out party favors to all, but I am doing a giveaway to celebrate my fifteenth Blogaversary. Just leave a comment by Saturday night, February 3 and via Random Number Generator, I will choose one person to receive a surprise. I'll do the post next Sunday, February 4.   

The dancing animals at the top of the page are my Blogaversary tradition. I used this for the first time in 2010 and have just kept using them for each celebration. I hope to use them for at least fifteen more years.

As ever, thanks for visiting and thanks for your friendship through the years. 

 

15 comments

Anonymous said...

Happy blog-aversary

Laurie said...

You live such an interesting life and share that life with so many. I am in awe.

Happy Blogaversary Carol. I look forward to following for as long as you continue to blog.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Congratulations ! Fifteen years and I've been following you for most of that ! I enjoy your posts and will hopefully see and read many more. And I hope I'll do many more blog posts too!

Mevely317 said...

Happy Blogaversary!
I still remember the day a casual friend mentioned her blog and I asked, "What's a blog?"

Hit or miss, it's just one of the best things I've ever done -- and I count meeting you as one of the cherries on top! Here's to #16!

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed your blog for many years. From my small town in Minnesota it lets me experience what life in the big city is like. Thanks so much for sharing!

Sandy from Ada

Chy said...

Congratulations! 15 years is a lovely milestone. Wishing you all the best this year!

X Chy

Lynda said...

It is a blessing to us that you blog regularly. You have taken us many places in your travels and we did not have to leave home.
Even though you are my age, your love for the city reminds me of my mom. We lived in a small town near our grandparents in Middleburgh, NY during our school years. The day after my brother, child #4, graduated high school, my mom moved to Albany, NY.
She lived there almost twenty years before leaving Earth. We had fun visiting but the constant noise outside her apartment with the traffic and the pollution from vehicles did not appeal to me. We are all different though and blessed to be able to choose our residence.

GrammaGrits said...

Congratulations on 15 years blogging! Living in a small PNW rural town, I can't imagine living in NYC. While my daughter and her family lived in upstate NY 15 years ago, we visited and road the train twice in one week to NYC. Enjoyed our time there immensely, but I'm a small town girl at heart!

Jeanie said...

I couldn't agree with you more about the benefits of blogging in terms of friendship and new discoveries. Congratulations on fifteen years. You have taken us fun places and introduced us to delightful things! May that continue!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Best wishes on your 15th blog anniversary, Carol, from a fellow celebrant this year who recently marked 14 years of blogging. I know what you mean about going from none to a few and then a regular stream of blog visitors as the same has happened to myself. Even when we had no comments, we also continued to post because we were also having fun. Like yourself, I have also met some blog friends although the majority remain on line friends. Since the deadline to leave a comment also coincides with my birthday, please consider this as my entry comment. Monday is usually the time set aside for blog visiting.

Stephanie said...

Wow! That’s an awesome accomplishment to be blogging for 15 years. I haven’t been following you that long, since I only met you last September. Best weekend ever!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on blogging for 15 years! I don't comment hardly at all but I do follow you often. Be well, take care.
Dawn P. Albany, Georgia USA.

Marcia said...

Happy anniversary. I've been doing a blog sine 2008 but never seem to remember to celebrate the anniversary.

Little Wandering Wren said...

Happy 15 years celebrations, I would have met you on line at least 10 years ago and it was wonderful that you have been to my home in Australia and we have met twice in New York! Happy continued blogging!
Wren x

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy blogaversary.
My good wishes.

All the best Jan