Powered by Blogger.

It's my Fourteenth Blogaversary

 

 Happy fourteenth blogaversary to Buttercupland

I never forget my birthday, but somehow I almost forgot one of the most important days of my life, the anniversary of Buttercupland. But I was looking at past posts -- there's a low-spend January post to come)  --  and there it was, a blogaversary post. 

This was my reflection on January 12, 2010:

Please join in the celebration. When I started the blog I had no expectations. My goal was to "see myself and the world in a happier and more upbeat way." And unlike any number of things I've tried I've succeeded in this, at least in my perception of myself. I'm not too upbeat about the world in general, but there are a lot of people across the globe who help me see the world in a little more upbeat way. Thank you all so much. 

Though many things in my life and our world have changed since 2010 these thoughts haven't changed. I've just grown more grateful for my blog friends literally around the world. When I'm asked why I continue to blog, the answer is very simple. I have met wonderful people I wouldn't have met otherwise and my life is so much richer for that. I can't imagine my life without my blog buddies. Fourteen years ago I put up my first post and my life was changed in the absolutely best way.   

I've done celebration giveaways in the past and 2023 is no exception. I'm leaving for my first trip outside of New York City on Saturday and I'll be looking for a fun giveaway gift while I'm away. I'll post it when I'm back in New York. 

Again, every thanks to my friends who visit and comment. Some of you have been part of Buttercupland since 2009 and others joined last year or maybe even this year. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and thanks for so much over the years!

14 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Carol. I love your interesting and upbeat blog, and I am glad I found it. I started blogging in 2007 and blogging has enriched my life, helped me preserve memories and opened up my life and world to many new possibilities. Bloggers are some of the nicest people I have ever met. Happy blogging anniversary! You have a great blog! Have a nice trip. See you again soon.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Congratulations on blogging for 14 years. I started blogging in 2005 and I've never grown tired of it. It's so wonderful to keep track of my friends around the world. I can't wait to see where your next adventure is taking you to. Enjoy the trip and take lots of pictures to share!

Anonymous said...

So glad I found you all the way from Texas! It’s been a great community of supportive followers, but YOU, Carol, have shown us the beauty of New York and travel. Happy Blogaversary! Rayeanne

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Congratulations, Carol, on the blog anniversary and continued best wishes are sent to you from NH🎉. Like yourself, I have found blogging to be a wonderful introduction to so many people and their families and interests, whether or not we ever meet in person. There is such a rich diversity in blog-land. Hope your first 2023 is fun and exciting and sill be looking forward tomreading all about it in a future post(s).

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've enjoyed your blog for many years and it's been fun to see the city through your eyes. Your trips are fun too. Enjoy the week. Happy blogging!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Congrats on 14 years of blogging Carol. I enjoy seeing all of the places you visit in the city and your trips. Here's to many more years of blogging.

Lynda said...

Let the party begin! We all celebrate you taking time to connect with each of us on a consistent basis. You have blessed so many of our lives! You have also taught us to look at the beauty around us in our everyday walks around town. You showed us how to adapt to changes in life and showed patience with some of those challenging changes - - - like when they were updating the gas in your home - - - for at least a year?!! Thank you for giving us the gift of your friendship!

Mevely317 said...

Congratulations, Carol! If someone had predicted the extent blogging would enrich my life, I'd have wondered what they were smoking. (lol)
That lunch we enjoyed in Scottsdale remains one of my highlights; I hope we might do it again someday somewhere. Who knows?

Marcia said...

Happy Anniversary. I never remember to celebrate mine. You have gotten your traveling energy going again since the "before-times", as my daughter refers to the wretched Covid period.

Anonymous said...

Happy blog anniversary Carol! Your blog is a bright spot in my life and I have loved traveling with you if only vicariously! Much love to you and here’s to many more posts!

Jeanie said...

Three cheers! I know firsthand what it's like to keep up a blog for any length of time so kudos to you! I always enjoy coming here. Happy travels!

Deanna Rabe said...

Congratulations! I will hit 16 years in March! Wow!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for 14 years of blogging. In turn you have enriched our lives, thank you! Jan H.

Chatty Crone said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON 14 YEARS OF BLOGGING AND ALL THE WONDERFUL POSTS.