Powered by Blogger.

On the Third Day of December

 

My favorite window at Saks Fifth Avenue this year

On the third day of December, yesterday, I fell asleep while reading and when I woke up it was the fourth day of December. It was after midnight and I then proceeded to brush my teeth, etc. and figure out if I was going to skip a day or do a "duo," and post twice today. I've decided that I may not post every day, but I'm going to post 31 times in December.

I spent a wonderful with friends visiting from Rochester and we braved Fifth Avenue and Rockefeller Center. It was (really!) crowded, but for the first time in years I got close enough to the windows at Saks Fifth Avenue to get clear photographs. Rockefeller Center was too crowded for all the photographs I hoped for, but I got some great pictures and more importantly my friends and I found a place to sit and watch the dazzling lights of the Rock Center Christmas tree, and it was even more magical than I remembered.

I will be doing a separate post on my visit to Rockefeller Center and will be back later today for a Pink Saturday post of more of the windows at Saks.

I've got a walking date with myself this afternoon and then there's cards and wrapping on my schedule. What are your plans today?

As ever, thanks for visiting and see you later.   

2 comments

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Looking forward to the pictures.
The one here of a Saks window is lovely.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

How wonderful to be exploring NYC at holiday time and it made me remember the times I visited during the holidays when we lived in NJ.