Powered by Blogger.

On the Fifth Day of December: It's a Charlie Brown Christmas

 

It's a Charlie Brown Christmas in Buttercupland and it always will be

"It's a Charlie Brown Christmas" first aired on television in 1965. It immediately becamea mainstay of the holiday season, until this year. Yes, 2022 is the first year that this beloved show will not be shown on television. Of course the world has changed and it's possible to find it in a hundred different venues. Call me old-fashioned, but I believe that there's still 25 minutes -- that's the length -- that could be found for Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Linus, Lucy and the rest of our beloved Peanut friends. What's next? Please don't tell me there's no time for the Great Pumpkin!

As long as we're visiting Charlie Brown and Snoopy at the local Christmas tree stand I thought I'd post a picture of the New York version of bringing the Christmas tree home. It's not done by a walk in the woods, but rather a walk on the city sidewalks in a Target shopping cart. Last night was a busy night at the tree stand and lots of trees were being bundled. 

Charlie oversees the activity on the sidewalk


I promised more photographs of the windows at Saks Fifth Avenue if I was able to get there. Thanks to a visiting friend -- thanks, Cheryl -- I happened to find myself on Fifth Avenue before the crowds emerged and did we have a clear view! I'll be posting the photos tomorrow and if I can get it to work, a video. Yes, it's time for videos to come to Buttercupland. 

Tomorrow regularly scheduled activity resumes -- the gym and the post office -- with one exception. I will be getting to meet my friend Diane and we've got some fun planned. What's on your agenda?

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a terrific Tuesday.  

7 comments

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I agree with you they should still be able to have 25 minutes for Charlie Brown. He's always been a favorite of mine. I love the Charlie Brown Christmas tree sign.

Billie Jo said...

Is Charlie Brown Christmas not on tv? That seems wrong. I feel for the young children of today. I love Charlie Brown and always will. Thank you for sharing this today!

Chatty Crone said...

I LOVE CHARLIE BROWN - did you know that there are stamps out right now? I just picked up some yesterday and I hate to use them.
Gosh everyone is in love with New York aren't they - such a wonderful hustle and bustle.
Say would you send me your email address? My computer crashed and I lost all my info.
Thanks.
Merry Christmas.
You would like Buc-ees.
And yes - a nice family Thanksgiving!
Sandie

Sandi said...

Oh, sweet! We just watched that last night.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like Charlie Brown :)

Enjoy your December days.

All the best Jan

Lynda said...

I wonder if it is really the length of the show that is the issue. I think it is because it has Biblical Scripture in it. I am praying for a revival in our country.
Thanks once again for telling us about life in NYC.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

OK you reminded me, Carol, that we have not yet watched A Charlie Brown Christmas, which is in our DVD holiday collection, so no worries about when to watch it as we can do so anytime. I bought several sheets of stamps featuring the whole gang, before the cost goes up or the stamp are no longer available. Seeing the live trees makes me wish we could have one again, but it's now a no-go in the mill apts (bah humbug). My plans for this week are to write holiday cards, which for me is not a one day event.