Powered by Blogger.

On the Fifteenth Day of December

It's Christmas Time in the City 

I'm kind of astounded as I type the title of today's post. There are ten days until Christmas and sixteen days until the year ends. Astounded! The tide of visiting friends, errands and fun has come at me like a wave and as soon as I check off one thing from my endless list two more pop up. But I imagine your days are like this, too, at the time of year. 


Vanderbilt Avenue, next to Grand Central Station

After a medical appointment yesterday I walked by Grand Central Station and enjoyed seeing the decorations in the area. It was a cold, but beautifully sunny day and a perfect day to enjoy the holiday look in Midtown Manhattan. 


One of my favorite Christmas trees is in the Metlife Building

I've got several holiday sites to visit in the next few days, including getting back to Lincoln Center for an outdoor concert in the plaza, but that will depend on the weather. Every recent newscast has discussed the storm that is scheduled to arrive in the next day. I'm hoping that New York City won't be a slippery mess and everyone can enjoy the last weekend before Christmas without slipping and sliding.  


As ever, thanks for visiting and sharing the beauty of New York City at Christmas.  

6 comments

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It is snowing here in Nashua, NH, and Bing Crosby is Dreaming of a White Christmas on the radio, what perfect timing. I have been enjoying your posts on NYC at the holidays.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Carol. I am catching up on several of your recent posts. I love all of those beautiful New York Christmas trees. It is so fun to see the holiday in NYC through your eyes. I hope the storm isn't too rough on New York. It has been a cold and snowy week here. I must tell you that I am so impressed by your 1,000 mile walking challenge. I talked to my husband and we are thinking about doing that next year. Great job! Going to the taping of the Tamron Hall show sounds like fun. That show doesn't air here, so I have never seen it, but it sounds like fun to see a show like that being put together. I hope you got a prize or two - even it wasn't a trip to Paris. Have a good weekend. See you again soon.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

We have only a chance of some snow flurries here today with non on the ground but they area saying this weekend we could see more. The tree you pictured is lovely. They surely do brighten up these short winter days.

Lynda said...

We hosted our children and grandchildren last night due to other family conflicts and travel with them next week. We had the best time. However as you said, waves of "things to do" kept popping up like a tidal wave in the week before. Thankfully it all got done with actually less tiredness on the actual celebration day than usual. Thank you again for the Beautiful photos.

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness - do I love New York - all the excitement and the beautiful tree. ENJOY!

Jeanie said...

It does look so beautiful. Please stay safe in the snow!