Powered by Blogger.

It's a Cranberry Thanksgiving

 

It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without cranberries

And this year is no exception. I'm not sure when I began to make this cranberry relish with pears and candied ginger, but it was a hit and requested every year. My hands are not so limber anymore for dicing the candied ginger, but it's worth the effort. The result is a delicious and not so sweet blend of cranberries and ginger. 

What are your Thanksgiving favorites, year after year?

So many blessings to count this year, warmth, light and love to begin with. At this moment many moments of thankfulness for my Buttercupland family. You've made my days warmer, brighter and filled with love. Wishing you and your families a bright and blessed day today and every day. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and happy Thanksgiving. 

8 comments

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I loved the cranberry relish I could get at a Fresh Mkt years ago. It added a lot to a meal. We didn't cook this year so we're having tortellini tonight! lol We did a long hike this afternoon though and that was special! Happy Thanksgiving! Blessings to you for the coming year my friend!

Latane Barton said...

I am not a turkey fan but I do love a sweet potato dish of some kind, Being southern I must have deviled eggs and cornbread dressing.

TARYTERRE said...

Happy Thanksgiving. The candied ginger makes the dish. Next year I'm going to try it.

Lynda said...

Cdranberries are beautiful and very healthy. It's too bad we don t have them more often throughout the year! Very thankful for the farmers who grow and harvest them. It is a bit more of a deal than some other products for sure from my understanding.
Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Carol. Your cranberry relish sounds delicious. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. I am grateful that I found your blog. I am truly richer because I made the connection. Have a good weekend. See you again soon.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Your cranberry dish looks and sounds delicious, but here we do the canned variety of jellied cranberry sauce. I love it and cranberries are good and good for you too!

Theresa said...

YUM, I love cranberries any way they are served:) One of my favorites are the deviled eggs. I never make them and they go so good with ham, turkey and dressing! Enjoy your weekend dear friend, HUGS!

Lowcarb team member said...

Your cranberries look good.
Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving.

All the best Jan