Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Returns to Regularly Scheduled Programming

 

Happy Pink Saturday  from the Sour Patch Kids 

Though 72 isn't generally considered a landmark birthday, there's been a lot of hoopla in Buttercupland. I've had the pleasure of dinners with friends, cards and greetings and an avalanche of good wishes from literally around the world. There was also a celebration for Pep's birthday and I'll share that tomorrow for Monkey Monday. 

Today I had a long-awaited (originally scheduled for March 2020) get-together with a on-line buddy. We had a great fun and full day. I've got two blog posts to come featuring sights we saw and I'm featuring two photos from window shopping at the legendary toy store, FAO Schwarz. Unfortunately it was closed when hoped to visit, so I settled for two sights that caught my eye. One was the window above, filled with cheery pink Sour Patch Kids.


Meet Mr. Nerds, my other perfect pick for Pink Saturday

It was a wonderful day and my only disappointment was FAO Schwarz being closed. I'm sure I missed a few other Pink Saturday surprises. I guess I need a return visit. What were your weekend events?

Many thanks for the birthday wishes from my Buttercupland friends. I'm so grateful for the affection and thoughtfulness you all have given me. I couldn't have gotten through the challenges of the last few years without all of you. 

Thanks, hugs and wishes for the week ahead. 
 

6 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad you had a nice birthday and were able to meet up with a friend. FAO Schwarz is quite a store. I remember taking our kids there years back when we were in NYC for our oldest daughter's college graduation. You found some fun things for Pink Saturday. I hope the week ahead is a good one for you. See you again soon!

Beverly said...

Oh, no. I missed wishing you Happy Birthday. I do birthday months.😉 So Happy Birthday month to you. I'm a July birthday girl, too. I'm going to celebrate the big 70.

Brenda said...

Happy birthday
Love your blog

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It’s wonderful to read that you had such a great birthday celebration with well wishes, and meet ups with friends as well.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your posts when you go around the city and show us the sights! Keep celebrating!

Sandy said...

Happy Belated. This is my year to turn 72 as well. Sounds like you had a good celebration. How nice to get to spend a day with one of your on line friends. I've been able to meet face to face with several on line friends as well, and find it to be very rewarding.