Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Celebrates the Royal Jubilee

A cake fit for a queen from NY Cake Academy

I was all set to take us back to London or Bath or Oxford for this Pink Saturday, when I noticed this beautiful window at the NY Cake Academy. I knew that this was my choice for Pink Saturday, cakes so beautifully decorated that they were ready to serve to the Queen of England on her Royal Jubilee. 

I had never heard of the Cake Academy until chance took me to West 22nd Street and I I caught the vision of some of the most beautifully decorated cakes I've seen in quite awhile. 
There are in-person classes -- Intro to macarons on Wednesday -- for decorating cakes, as well as baking and pastry fundamentals. There are also the widest array of baking and decorating supplies imaginable. I didn't get a chance to look around, but notice on the website that items can be ordered. 

I'm not much of a cake decorator -- yes, I've taken a class -- but these cakes tempt me to try to improve my very rudimentary skills. 

A detail from the first photograph and the photographer
 
  I know there are some talented bakers in Buttercupland, but is anyone a cake decorator?

I didn't watch all of the Jubilee celebrations, but enjoyed everything I saw. My favorite moment was the Queen and Paddington Bear meeting for tea. Their entire exchange was lovely and Paddington spoke for me and millions of others when he said, "Happy Jubilee, Ma'am and thank you for everything."   

Happy Jubilee, Queen Elizabeth, and thank you for everything. Long live the Queen.

We've had spectacular weather and I've enjoyed lots of outdoor time this weekend. I've got a busy few days ahead and then it's time for a trip to New Hampshire. I hope the weather holds out because there's lots of outdoor events planned my visit there. I'll share more in a post later this week. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and good wishes for the week ahead.  

4 comments

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I took cake decorating classes long ago, but I have no skills at all. Just the basic icing on the cake is the best I can do with a few sprinkles on top. It would be nice to be able to do this, but it does take some talent. Hope you do have good weather on your trip to Vermont. Here we are expecting lots of rain as we move into the week.

Jeanie said...

I love what I saw of the Jubilee, though precious little here in "the colonies." This cake is a stunner. I can't decorate a cake to save my soul but these are relatively plain but so elegant!

Billie Jo said...

I loved everything I saw this weekend during the Jubliee. What a wonderful tribute to an amazing Queen.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yes, those cakes would be fit for a Queen and I watched the video of she and Paddington Bear, but they might not want to part with a marmalade sandwich from their secret hiding places. I watched some of the festivities online and it was nice to see such happy and smiling faces after what's been happening in the U.S. recently.

I hope you enjoy your visit to NH and perhaps if you will be anywhere near the Nashua area, we could arrange a meet-up, which would be wonderful.