Powered by Blogger.

It's the Perfect Day for a Fascinator

 

I was fascinated by fascinators

Three years ago today I was in Scotland. Betsy and I were on the trip of our dreams, visiting England, Scotland and Ireland. After visiting with friends in Liverpool we boarded a ship and spent ten days exploring Scotland. Our first stop was Greenock, Scotland and I spent the day exploring the town. As I passed the British Heart thrift shop, this sign caught my eye. I'd seen photographs of women at English events wearing fascinators, but had never thought of buying one until that fateful day in Greenock. 


I couldn't resist

After indulging myself and trying on just about every fascinator in the store, I returned to the ship with a beige fascinator for Betsy and this pink one for me. I felt quite elegant at our formal dinner later in the week. I've only worn it twice since, both times at Zoom weddings in 2020.

I've taken my fascinator out for the Platinum Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II, which is being celebrated this weekend. Buttercupland is joining the celebration with posts for the next four days commemorating this monumental occasion.  We'll be visiting London, Liverpool and Chester and I hope you'll be part of the fun. 


As ever, thanks for visiting.  Long live the Queen!
 

9 comments

Terra said...

I love the photo of you and your darling pink fascinator. I think I need one, well, want one. In previous years I have attended fund raising teas where I could wear one, I did wear a hat as suggested. Long live the Queen, she is a treasure for the world.

Mevely317 said...

Wow, has it really been 3 years? Love this photo of you!

Marcia said...

Cute! Maybe you should wear it at your 50th at Dartmouth.

Nellie said...

What a wonderful trip! Oh, yes! I’ll be around! Never enough time to see all there is to see!

Theresa said...

Pretty in your pink fascinator🥰. I know your memories of that wonderful trip are precious. Enjoy your evening dear friend. Hugs

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Both you and the fascinator look lovely, Carol, and how nice that you have another chance to wear it for the Queen’s celebration.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thanks to all the celebrations on TV this morning I did know what a fascinator was. Glad you were able to get one. I so wish hats would make a comeback. I love all of them. I grew up with this Queen on the throne and she has always fascinated me. I'll join you in celebrating with her.

Edna B said...

Your pink fascinator is beautiful. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

Latane Barton said...

I love the fascinator!! Wish I dared wear one but just can't get up the nerve.