Powered by Blogger.

Thank You for Being a Friend

 



In Memoriam -- well loved and in our hearts

When this issue of People arrived I put it aside to use for a post celebrating Betty White's 100th  birthday. Sadly, it's not a celebration of her birthday today, but a moment to celebrate Betty White's life. 

I really liked Betty White as Rose on "The Golden Girls," but as a huge fan of The Mary Tyler Moore Show, I loved the sassy Sue Ann Nivens. Sue Ann was the perfect counterpart to Mary Richards and watching the two of them (and every other character on that terrific show) was a joy and a source of wonderful memories. 

One of my favorite movies is "The Proposal." The stars are Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds and they are both really fun, but my favorite character is Betty White, as Grandma Annie, who totally steals the movie. She's sweet and funny with a little of Sue Ann's sass combined with Yoda's wisdom.  

What are your favorite memories of Betty White?

Dear Betty White, 
Thank you for being a friend! With deepest thanks and admiration, 
Your friend, 
Buttercup

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care of yourselves.

9 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

Betty White was truly one of the great ones. She will be missed for a long time.
Thanks for this tribute.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We just watched the Proposal not long ago and I love her role in that movie. AND Bringing Down the House...love that one too! She was a special lady and we'll be missed by all of us!

Theresa said...

What a wonderful lady! We watched several episodes of Golden Girls last night. Laughing a lot through the show. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

NanaDiana said...

She was a gem. One of a kind and we will all miss her wit humor and sweet spirit. xo Diana

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I think everyone enjoyed Betty White. She showed us a lot of happiness over the years. I want to be able to say I enjoy life as much as she did.

LC said...

Well said. A favorite character of all time. My husband I no longer watchTV but I would make an exception for Betty White reruns.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I watched the Mary Tyler Moore show every Sat night and all the characters were such fun, but Betty White as Sue Ann and Gavin McLeod had the funniest lines. I will admit to not watching the Golden Girls, but Hot L Baltimore was a fun show. And, yes to Ms White's performance in The Proposal which was so much fun. She was a treasure for sure.

Brenda said...

Golden Girls hilarious.

TARYTERRE said...

Betty White was one of a kind. A National Treasure for sure. RIP dear lady. You will be missed.