Powered by Blogger.

Flowers for Pink Saturday

 

Can't have enough flowers for cheer on these (miserably) cold days

I'd planned to be in Buttercupland long before Pink Saturday, but it's  been a tough week. I had my Shingrix  vaccine first dose on Friday and took it easy yesterday to rest up. I didn't have a big reaction, but just enough to stay (mostly) indoors and keep cozy. Since it was nineteen degrees at the warmest, staying indoors wasn't difficult. I'm feeling just about all recovered today and got in a good walk this afternoon. 


Loved this bright and cheery Valentine window

I've got updates on my January goals. It's January 16th and I've discarded 16 bags of clutter. About half of those bags are paper and shredding gone to recycling, but the front closet is cleaned out and an old keyboard from a long discarded computer have gone to electronic recycling, as long as two half used cans of paint from last year's wall reconstruction project. Technically, I've only discarded 15 bags, because one bag of books is waiting to go to the thrift store later this week.  

On other fronts I've got good news. The walls that were damaged by the leaking 1911 pipe are patched and painted, with a minimum of mess. Happily the floor doesn't need redoing, so for now all's well in the apartment. As a plus, the sewer pipe construction project that's been on-going for at least two years in the street outside our building is mostly finished. There's still some heave equipment down the block, but no longer in front of the building. It will be easier for deliveries to the building and, perhaps, more importantly construction and the noise that goes with it, won't begin at 7:00 a.m. 

I'm planning a fun week ahead in Buttercupland. We'll be celebrating National Bagel Day belatedly and Buttercupland will be celebrating a special birthday. I hope you'll stop by for the fun ahead. 

As ever, thanks for visiting. Take care, stay warm and keep cozy. 


5 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hello! First I wanted to tell you that I received your holiday card and note. Thank you so much! Good job on decluttering! Wow, you are a great example. I know that I need to do some decluttering too. I love the flowers. Great pictures. I will tell you that I got the Shingrix vaccine right before Covid took over. The first dose was nothing, but, at least for me, the second dose was rough for a while. Just a heads up. Fortunately, after about 12 hours I was OK, but just be prepared. I hope it doesn't affect you like it did me. I mostly had fever and chills. Still, I am very glad to have had it. My younger sister almost lost her life when she got shingles and they went up her spine to her brain. Feeling crummy for a few hours was well worth not having that happen. I hope you have a great week.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

National Bagel Day seems like an event well worth celebrating! My wife and had I had both does of Shingrix a couple of years ago and other than for a bit of a sore arm (her more than me) felt fine. I have known people who have had shingles and it is not pleasant, so I am glad that we are protected.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope you feel good this week and get in some fun! Good job on the decluttering, it's never ending, isn't it? Hugs!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Those beautiful flowers are a lovely sight. I have some colorful ones that I put out for Valentines day but they are fake ones and don't smell at all. We need something colorful right now since everything is white and cold out. I'm so looking forward to Spring !

Elena Gilbert said...

I was truly fulfilled to reveal this page. I truly need to thank you for
ones time due to this wonderful read!! I definitely genuinely favoured all parts of it and
I in like manner have you saved to fav to see new stuff on your site.

Interest Rate of Education Loans