Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Salutes Australia

The magnificent Sydney Opera House at sunset. It's not my usual way to begin a Pink Saturday post, but it's one of my favorite pictures from my trip to Australia in 2018. 

This Pink Saturday we're saluting Australia days, just a few days after Australia Day, which is observed on January 26. The entire trip was this photographer's fantasy and it was difficult to choose a few to share for this post. For everyone I chose there were at least a dozen others that I was tempted to include. So let's settle in on this snowy Saturday evening and enjoy a virtual visit to Australia. 


My first flat white coffee of my visit in Melbourne.  

One of my great pleasures in Australia was the coffee. As a coffee fan, I'd hit the jackpot and enjoyed great coffee in every stop of the visit. I learned to love the flat white, which is two shots of espresso, steamed milk and microfoam. It's similar to a latte, but, if I understand the subtleties correctly, has less milk.  


Watching the Australian Open in Federation Square, Melbourne

I had the pleasure of being in Australia during the Australian Open tennis matches and one of my pleasures was enjoying this outdoor public viewing area in the center of Melbourne. It was January in New York and the middle of winter, but in Australia it was the middle of summer. Generally the temperatures don't lend themselves to being outdoors in the afternoon, but I was beyond fortunate in the weather in Melbourne, a very balmy mid-eighties. Melbourne was a wonderful city to visit. It was easy to get around and filled with interesting sights. Another high point of my visit was an afternoon spent with the terrific Little Wandering Wren. What a pleasure to meet a blogger buddy half way around the world. 



Koala Cuddling is the best!

My cuddling with my new friend, Kiki the Koala, was brief -- maybe a minute -- and I'm not sure Kiki was as excited as I was, but it was a definite dream come true. I "met" Kiki in Kuranda, which is in the rainforest area outside of Cairns. I know I've shared this photograph before, but it's always on my top ten list of favorite photographs ever. 

We've got one last celebration coming up for January and that's Buttercup's thirteenth blogaversary. Could Buttercup be a teenager so soon! We'll be celebrating in the next day or two and there will be a giveaway as part of the fun. Please stop by. It won't be a party without you. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and keep warm and cozy.      


4 comments

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You have some wonderful memories to share. How nice to be in a warmer climate this time of year. Warmer days will be coming ! The coffee looks wonderful ! Leave it to you to find the best coffee places around. Hope you are keeping warm there. It's warming up some in Ohio.

Marcia said...

Don't think I'll ever get to that country. Looks like you had a grand time when you went.

NanaDiana said...

OHMYGOSH! That Kiki is adorable and what a great picture of you! It is great to have such wonderful memories. One of my kids is a flat-white Starbucks lover. I like a latte.
Have a great Sunday- xo Diana

Edna B said...

That's a gorgeous photo of the Opera House. Your photo with Kiki is adorable. Lucky you. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.