Powered by Blogger.

Happy New Year's (Eve)


I had a bright blue sky and fifty degree weather for my first walk of the last day of 2021. The sun vanished a few hours later, but the start of the day was closer to spring than winter, and I felt as though I'd walked out into an April day, bright with all the promise of spring. My spirits have flagged this week, but on this morning all I felt was the hope of spring and the possibility of better days in 2022.


My wish for all of Buttercupland is just those intangibles, hope and possibility. They may  be fleeting, as the sunshine was this morning, but it's also what will propel us through dark days that may be yet to come. I'm reminded of the French writer, Albert Camus, writing in the 194O's: "In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer."  


The new year has almost arrived in the United States and has already begun in Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia and New Zealand. For all who have already celebrated and all who are yet to celebrate, every wish for happy, healthy, and for hope, possibility and an invincible summer.


I'll be back tomorrow -- next year -- with my perfect word for 2022. I hope you'll stop by to continue the celebration. 


As ever, thanks for visiting and have a glad new year.   

5 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

Happy New Year to you! Yes, we all need a little more hope in 2022. Glad you got to get out and take a walk. That always helps my mood and I didn't get to do that yesterday. Thanks for all of your fun and interesting posts. I always enjoy stopping by for a visit. Happy 2022 to you!

Lynda said...

Love that comment about the invincible summer! I will probably mention that on my FB at some time when complaints start about the cold weather in our area. They forget, "This is the day the Lord hath made - I will rejoice and be glad in it!!!"
Happy New Year sweet lady!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your perfect word. So far I've not been able to choose one for me, but I've been thinking about it. Today is still like spring here, but tomorrow winter will be back in full force. Colder and snow is the forecast. I watched the bell drop in NYC last night on TV and thought of you. Happy New Year to you !

Marcia said...

Happy New Year to you, too.

Jeanie said...

That's my wish, too. All the intangibles. Happy New Year!