Powered by Blogger.

Honoring Bertie Bott

 

Our candy selection for National Candy Day is Every Flavour Beans,  created by the noted candymaker, Bertie Bott. 

Fans of Harry Potter are familiar with this beloved candy of the Hogwarts world. But for those who are unfamiliar, Every Flavour (jelly) Beans have many of the usual jelly bean flavors -- orange, blackberry and strawberry for example -- but also, not surprisingly since this is Hogwarts, one might find a dirt or spinach flavored bean in the same box. Bertie created the amazing array by accidentally creating a dirty sock flavored bean. From this incident Every Flavour Beans were born, with the sales slogan, "A risk in every box." 

I was familiar with the Every Flavour Beans in Harry Potter  books, but discovered actual ones during my visit to the Harry Potter Store on Sunday. As intrigued as I was by the fun packaging, the thought of finding a dirt or liver flavored bean stopped me from buying a package. Perhaps I'll be more adventurous on a return visit, but I will probably choose a different treat when I'm there. Would you be adventurous and buy Every Flavour Beans or would you choose a more familiar and predictable candy?

I had my booster this afternoon, and besides a sore arm, I'm feeling okay. I know I may feel tired tomorrow, but for now I'm very grateful. I went to a small local pharmacy -- yes, they still exist in my neighborhood -- and the staff couldn't have been nicer. I've walked by a number of times, but this was the first time I've stopped in. I will definitely be a regular customer in the future. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and sweet wishes! 

7 comments

Theresa said...

Yeah, candy day:) I had my booster on Tuesday and my arm is still sore but I am happy to have gotten it. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Jeanie said...

I've never heard of Bertie Bott! These are darling -- so well packaged. And three cheers for the booster!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I don't think I'm ready for a dirty sock flavored jelly bean. So the every flavor bag would not be my choice. I do love most every flavor in a regular package except the black ones.

Marcia said...

I'm not a fan of jelly beans so never heard of Bertie Bott either.
We got our boosters at a local Rite Aide. Pharmacist was great for booster and earlier our flu jabs.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I am with you on this one, carol, and don't think I would want to risk trying a flavor I didn't enjoy in this package. Yeah to getting the booster shot and, like yourself, we only had a sore arm the day after and all was well afterwards.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I got my booster on Wednesday of last week and I felt pretty slowwww...for a couple of days, better today and my arm is less sore now! How are you feeling now? Hugs, Diane

Edna B said...

I never heard of Bernie Bott. I'd probably get the jelly beans. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.