Powered by Blogger.

(Almost) Wordless Wednesday: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

 

Thanksgiving greetings from the Doughboy!


I've had the good fortune to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade several times. But although the balloons are inflated less than a mile from my building, I didn't get over to see the set up and balloon inflation until 2018. I loved being "up close and personal" with some of my favorites, including my friend, the Pillsbury Doughboy. 


The Aflac Duck sends his regards!
 
It was a wonderful experience, but with the amount of walking and standing, I decided it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I was tempted to make it a twice-in-a-lifetime experience this year, but I decided that this wasn't the year to participate in an event that would be so crowded, even outdoors. 


Dino hopes you enjoy pie and all the fixings! 


My goal for a return to see the parade setup was to see my pals again this year and to get to meet Baby Yoda, who will be joining the parade lineup this year. I didn't make it this year, but I'm hoping for Thanksgiving 2022. 


Doughboy, Dino, Duck and Pep, Acorn, Nessie, Edgar Bunny and all of the snowmen and friends join me in wishing all of Buttercupland a bright and blessed Thanksgiving. I will be spending the day with my dear friends in Westchester. I initially wrote "as usual," and realized it's a return to usual. I'm beyond thankful for traditions to return to and loved ones to celebrate with. On a less serious note, I'm also grateful for pie. What are you most grateful for in 2021?

As ever, thanks for visiting. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

5 comments

Jeanie said...

Well, even not making it, you're a lot closer to it than I've ever been. But I'll be watching this morning! Happy Thanksgiving!

Theresa said...

I always enjoy watching the parade, on TV of course:) Hope you have a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving! HUGS!

Edna B said...

You have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. Hugs, Edna B.

TARYTERRE said...

HAPPY Thanksgiving. Loving that pieb and parade.

Lonni said...

Enjoy your day everyone!