Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Celebrates Halloween

 

Paging Miss Muffet on West 69th Street

Some of my favorite places in Manhattan are the brownstone streets in my neighborhood, and this is one of my favorite seasons to walk and explore them. I was tipped off that West 69th Street had great Halloween decorations and visited there last week. I was not disappointed. I'm happy to share a few of my favorites -- though these are only a few of the dozens of photographs I took. Yes, I got carried away, and yes, I really enjoyed the autumn day. 

This fellow taking a nap caught my eye. He slept through my visit. 


 The Welcome Committee is ready to greet the delivery folks. Boo!


Turn on W. 69th Street. It's the third haunted mansion on the block. 

I had a fun Halloween, highlighted by a visit with one of my original blog buddies, in New York from Pittsburgh, with her husband and son. We had a fun lunch in Lower Manhattan and then I accompanied them to the newly opened Harry Potter store. If you're a Harry Potter fan living in or visiting New York City I highly recommend it. My friend commented that it was like being in a museum and my reply was that it was, but you can buy anything you like. I didn't buy anything, but enjoyed browsing and taking lots of pictures, which may be next week's theme for Pink Saturday, if I don't get too impatient to wait for next weekend. I hope you had fun, too, and had lots of treats and no tricks. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and wishes for a good week.   

6 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

NYC does every holiday as only NTC can! Great decorations. That Harry Potter store sounds like lots of fun. I hope everything is going well for you and that you have a great week and a November to be grateful for!

Mevely317 said...

How fun! I love these folks' creativity ... but more so, the architecture. Thanks for taking us along on your stroll!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Halloween my friend. Sounds like a spooky time of it for you. Harry Potter would add a little magic to the mix for sure !

Chatty Crone said...

Halloween is fun - everywhere - I like it New York style!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love seeing the decorations...they must look amazing at night! The spider would skeeeer me! Love the sound of the Harry Potter store. How cool is that!

Jeanie said...

These are just so much fun -- I love each and every photo! Happy Late Halloween!