Powered by Blogger.

(Almost) Welcome, 5782

Wishes to all for a happy, healthy and in-person new year!

In just a few hours the holiday of Rosh Hashanah (literally meaning Head of the Year) will begin and those who celebrate will welcome in 5782, the new year. Rosh Hashanah has always been one of my favorite holidays. I like the music heard only once a year, look forward to wonderful meals and spending time with those dear to me. 

As the years have gone by the holiday has become more important to me. It's one more formal opportunity to look at the year past and embrace positive behavior in the year ahead. I will be worshipping virtually this year, but will be spending in-person time with friends who are family tomorrow afternoon. I stopped at my favorite bakery this afternoon and picked up, what looks to be, an amazing date and cardamom cake made only at this time of year. I will report here after we've enjoyed it tomorrow. 

Apples and honey are traditional Eastern European Jewish foods for the new year. They symbolize the wish for a sweet year ahead. My wishes to all of Buttercupland a very sweet, healthy and happy year. I will have many hours dedicated to prayer in the next week. If you have anything you would like me to add to my prayer list, please know it would be an honor to pray on your behalf. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and happy and healthy wishes!     

12 comments

Laurel Wood said...

I know this holiday is so special to you and thank you for sharing your plans with friends and family. I hope you will share more. In the future. I am so haooy that you can be more active and enjoy many activities this summer. I know you look forward to fall weather, also. Mildred

Deb J. in Utah said...

Happy New Year to you. Thank you for the offer of prayers. I will send you a PM with a prayer request. Thank you.

Terra said...

Your plans for this holiday sound wonderful. Happy New Year to you friend.

TARYTERRE said...

We were virtual this year too. Happy Rosh Hashanah.

Chatty Crone said...

Happy Rosh Hashanah! May you have a great New Year!

Theresa said...

Special holiday to celebrate with friends, music and sharing good food! Apples and honey sounds so yummy! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Tristan Robin said...

Shanah tovah um’tukah

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Have a happy and sweet new year !

Jeanie said...

All good wishes for a happy new year. I love the idea of apples and honey as celebratory foods. And that cake sounds delicious -- so I hope you do share with your review! Enjoy!

Edna B said...

A sweet, happy and healthy New Year to you too. Hugs, Edna B.

Veronica Lee said...

Happy Rosh Hashanah!

May your new year be the happiest ever!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Best wishes to you, Carol, for a sweet and happy New Year and hiw wonderful to be able to spend time with friends this year.