Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Goes to Macy's

 

Remember me to Herald Square...

Finally -- after a month of thinking about it -- I made a return to Macy's. Not only did I brave the subway, but in perhaps, the greatest act of bravery for 2021, I went bathing suit shopping, followed up with a stop at the summer linen sale. I found both a well-priced bathing suit and a new pillow, and I lived to blog about it.   

As the spring passes into summer things feel more and more "normal," and a shopping and lunch day at Macy's with my college friend, Jane, felt like a return to the pre-pandemic days. The only notable differences were that we wore masks and the store was less crowded. 

Between a long stop in bathing suits and our very successful visit to sheets and pillows -- the latter will be the subject of a post later this month -- we made a quick stop in the pajama section. There was an array of cute pajamas that were enticing, but I had no energy after trying on bathing suits. But this one especially caught my eye. 

Yes, Wednesday is for Pink Pajamas and 
Pink Saturday is for blogging.

We made it a totally fun day and included lunch at Macy's. Only one restaurant is open out of the dozen or so that were open pre-pandemic and we splurged a little on a delicious Italian lunch in a very elegant dining room. The food was great and the ambience was terrific, but the view was spectacular, starting with Herald Square above. 

I turned my head and this iconic view of the Empire State Building was my reward. 

I enjoyed the first day of the holiday weekend with virtual services  this morning, coffee with a friend and a trip to the gym. Tomorrow is a cookout with friends -- fingers crossed for some sun -- outside of Manhattan. 

I love my blog makeover and will be doing a post about it later in the week. It's been on my to-do list for literally years and I'm glad to have moved it off the list. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a great Fourth! 

14 comments

Laurel Wood said...

I am happy to read that you and Jane enjoyed a wonderful day of shopping and a tasty lunch. I enjoyed your photos very much. Wishing you a nice day for your cookout.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Your blog looks great. So glad you were able to have a nice day at Macy's with your friend. Happy Independence Day to you!

Mevely317 said...

So glad you were able to experience that time -- and treated yourself. Those PJs are sure cute. I desperately need more myself.

Tristan Robin said...

You are brave. We still haven't ventured into a real-live sit-down restaurant dining room yet. We're still living on delivery take-out. sigh. Of course, the ONE and just about ONLY silver lining in the pandemic storm cloud was that *everybody* started delivery and take-out - even the really fine restaurants. But, it's just not the same as being waited on with nice linens and flatware and flowers and stunning views!

So, a new swim suit - is a trip to the shore in the near future?!

Karen said...

I love your new makeover! It's perfect! Your day with your friend sounds so lovely. Happy Independence Day!

Edna B said...

Sounds like you have a really wonderful outing. I love those pajamas! It's good to get out shopping now and then. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy 🧨🇺🇸 to you as well, Carol, and looks like you and Jane had a great outing and you shared some wonderful images as well. Lunch sounded delicious as well and great news about your shopping excursion.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Love that top picture of Macys. Great angle.

Maggid said...

This new look is TERRIFIC!!!

Swim Suits? Gadzooks - I knew you were brave - but . . well, simply color me IMPRESSED,

Online services make me happy. 💙

Theresa said...

What a wonderful day! I can't imagine shopping and having lunch near that beautiful building! LOVE your new blog look! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

How fun to get together for a day of shopping at Macy's. I was there in May to see the flower show which I love visiting each year. I love your new blog makeover and Linda did a great job. I hope you have a nice week.

DeniseinVA said...

Sounds like a real fun time shopping.

TARYTERRE said...

our Macy's closed permanently. it's so sad. i'm so glad you found a swim suit. your shopping trip sounds productive, yet fun. i love your NEW blog updated. very nice.

kestrel said...

Your new blog is cool, like the colours. Here if we wear pink on Wednesday to Baskin Robins, we get discount on the ice cream. Envious that you can go shopping, we are in ful lockdown and only allowed out to exercise around our houses no further out! Hope you get to wear your swim suit soon.