Powered by Blogger.

No Need to Fly to Europe to Visit Norway


 After an uneventful flight — thankfully — and a short drive I arrived in Norway, Maine to visit friends of long standing. We’ve so been enjoying catching up and I’m delighted to get acquainted with an area of the state that’s new to me. Norway is about an hour northwest of Portland, and a beautiful small town. 

We spent the morning in countryside sightseeing and had sun and (mostly) clear skies.


The afternoon was spent exploring the center of Norway, including a visit to the library, pictured above. We also included lunch and iced latte in a great local spot. 


We even had a belated National Ice Cream Day celebration with fabulous gelato. It was a tough choice, but I’d go with peanut butter KitKat anytime, though the fig was a close runner up.


Another adventure awaits us tomorrow as we embark on an expedition to the LL Bean outlet. Please note, July is neither a low or no spending month.

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a terrific Thursday.



10 comments

Laurel Wood said...

Such lovely photos. I am delighted you are enjoying your trip. The gelato sounds scrumptious!

acorn hollow said...

Norway Maine is a lovely place, enjoy llBean
cathy

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Glad you had a good trip and can visit with friends. A library has always been a favorite place to me and I've spent many hours enjoying them. It's always a treat to have more ice cream. Enjoy your visit to Norway!

Edna B said...

It looks beautiful there. Enjoy your visit, hugs, Edna B.

LC said...

The USA Norway was a surprise to me. I enjoy my armchair travel with you to new places!

TARYTERRE said...

Enjoy. The place looks charming.

Jeanie said...

That library is charming. And yay for National Ice Cream Day! My kind of holiday!

Marcia said...

We have driving trip in Maine planned for September. Just scanned an article in NYTimes about short travel and how that scratches the itch to travel. I think our trip will qualify as short travel but feel like we've had a get away week. Enjoy your time there.

Karen said...

I've not been to Maine, so thank you for sharing your trip! On my bucket list.

Iris Flavia said...

You sure got me confused ;-)
Yay for adventures, and... do fun things with money as long as you can.