Powered by Blogger.

Monkey Monday: Looking for Love

 


Love is a monkey splendored thing

One of my activities in Breckenridge was meeting Brecka, the cute monkey on the left, while I was visiting. We had a nice visit, but to my surprise Brecka introduced me to her monkey friend, Oswald, on the right of the photograph. I was surprised that Brecka had a monkey friend because she had been corresponding with Pep on Monkey.Match. 

After Nessie married E Bunny on New Year's Eve, Pep was a sad monkey. Unbeknownst to me he signed up for Monkey.Match and started chatting with monkeys all over the country. He kept his computer matches a secret and logged onto the computer late at night when the rest of the household was asleep. I'm not sure how long this monkey matching might have gone on, but when I said I was going to visit Breckenridge Pep told me about his nocturnal activities and asked me to meet the Colorado monkey who had stolen his heart. 

Alas for Pep, Oswald had also been chatting with Brecka and Oswald lived in Colorado. When the two Colorado monkeys met in person a few weeks ago, it was love at first sight. Even though I was rooting for Pep I had to admit that Brecka and Oswald were made for each other. Brecka and Oswald are two happy monkeys in love and are now chatting in person. 

Pep was disappointed, but not deterred. Now that his Monkey.Match activities are known to all we are now sharing the computer. Hope springs eternal in a monkey's heart. 

Pep is gesturing to me that my computer time for tonight is over in ten minutes, so I'll bid a fond good evening to all of my Buttercupland friends. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and love and hugs from me and Pep!  

10 comments

diane b said...

This monkey business sounds fun. How does it work. When I was teaching my class sent a bear to another school in another country and he would communicate with the kids in my class and tell them of its adventures.
These Colorado monkeys are cute.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Good luck to Pep in his search for the perfect monkey for him. Internet dating never appealed to me. You never know how truthful a person is being. It's a fun thing having a monkey for a friend.

Edna B said...

Brecka and Oswald are a cute couple. I'm sure Pep will find his own sweet love monkey. Just tell him to be careful of meeting people through the internet. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

Tristan Robin said...

Tell Pep not to be discouraged - 23 years ago I met my spouse online and have been blissfully happy ever since!

Mevely317 said...

Carol, I'm DYING over here. Sad and funny at the same time. Methinks there should be a children's book in your future.

My Tata's Cottage said...

It is so nice to see you here. It has been a long while. The monkey business makes me smile. I always remember having a stuffed monkey as a child and reminds me of many fond memories. I love oyur story, you should turn it into a children's book for certain.
My great grandkids other grammie wrote a book for Harrison about his brother Alastor Avery who passed away from SIDS. Lisa has a very difficult time handling the grief and the book helped her somewhat. It was a sweet book and I purchased a copy at amazon. Sometime you have a knack for something and you need to write a Monkey Storybook.
Thank you for sharing with us.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Poor Pep. Well, if you are going to monkey around on the computer... butI am convinced he will find true love.

DeniseinVA said...

I enjoyed reading this, such a fun read.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

This sure was a lot of monkeying around and in a fun way, except perhaps for Pep. Hope he finds a match and that you can share computer time.

LC said...

The potential for a children's book mentioned above sounds on target. Can't wait to read about Pep's on-the-rebound adventures!