Powered by Blogger.

Blogging from A to Z: Z Is for Z

 

Please meet the adorable Z, my doggy niece

Yes, I know it's May and the challenge is officially over. I've walked my first two miles of the month, been to virtual services this morning, the bank and did a little grocery shopping. I even got to the library to pick up a reserve book, only to discover that I'd reserved it for a branch across town and left the library empty-handed. 

I wrote the paragraph above yesterday and fully intended to finish this post earlier today. But I got completely and happily sidetracked when I got a text from my cousin who was in New York City for the day. He asked if I wanted to get together for lunch and I opted for a lunch with my cousins. 

I swapped blogging and the gym for lunch with family at Katz Deli
home of the best pastrami anywhere. 

If you remember the deli scene in "When Harry Met Sally," you've seen Katz. It's not fancy -- actually it hasn't been renovated since Truman was president, if ever -- but the deli meats are fabulous. They've installed great protocols for this era and for a beautiful Sunday afternoon it wasn't a long wait. I loved Sunday lunch out, the pastrami, walking on the Lower East Side and especially spending time with Trish and Jay. 

Speaking of family, I want to introduce my doggy niece, Z. My introduction to Z was, "Z, meet Aunt C." It was love at first sight for me and could you find a cuter doggy niece in her chic raincoat? She's the sweetest and a great addition to the extended family. 

As May progresses, I'll be posting some of the "missing" letters of the challenge. But I'll also be posting new activities as we move forward, beginning with my next post. Pep and I are taking our first post Vaccination trip and we're both very excited.  

Pink Saturday is back -- computer issues last week -- and we're happy to be part of the fun. Please stop by and spend time with some of my favorite bloggers. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a great week. 

12 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

Z is just adorable, and so fashionable attired! Pep MAY be jealous!

Tristan Robin said...

I love Katz Deli! Not only are the deli meats fantastic, but it's one of the few places left you can get a real old fashioned egg cream soda!

Mizz Z is adorable ... she should meet Brando - he's rather impressive in a few of his coats, as well. LOL

You've been quite industrious - good on you!

Marcia said...

What fun for the weekend. Only deli I remember visiting several times was the Carnegie Deil. is it still there?

Chatty Crone said...

Cute dog!!!!!!!!! I remember that deli. I would take lunch over those things too. Hope you are doing well! sandie

Theresa said...

SO cute! I would have swapped for time with family too:) Enjoy your day and week ahead, HUGS!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What an adorable dog Z is. You are blessed to have her in your extended family. Sounds like you had a wonderful Sunday. Lunch out would be a treat ! Family means so much and we must always take time for them.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Cute little Z 🤗. Enjoy the end of your challenge!

Laurel Wood said...

Z is the cutest! Anyone would fall in love at first sight!
So happy you could enjoy a nice lunch with family. Thanks for sharing the photos!

LC said...

What a cute little canine! She looks like she is already charmed by her aunt. A perfect mutual admiration society.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Oh my gosh, that is one cute dog. Just looking at the picture made me smile. How wonderful that you got to meet with your relatives. After this past year, we more appreciate time spent with people (and dogs) and will never take that for granted again.

Melinda said...

Fun times! Z is a cutie.
I was able to finish my ABC's in April.
Some of those later letters are so pesky.

Enjoy your Tuesday.

M : )

Edna B said...

Z is so adorable! Sounds like a fun outing with your family. It's such fun now that things are beginning to open up again. Have fun with Pep, hugs, Edna B.