Powered by Blogger.

A to Z Blogging Challenge: D Is for Dagon

 This may be the prettiest dessert in all of New York and it's only two blocks from home.

My choice for the post for "D" in the A to Z Challenge is Dagon. I'm not a restaurant reviewer or a food photographer, but I managed to get one great photograph of Sunday's dessert, lemon tart. It featured lemon curd and meringue and lemon and raspberry sorbet. It was as delicious as it looked. 

Dagon is named for the Phoenician and Philistine god of agriculture and earth. The food is Israeli and Mediterranean, but dishes have interesting twists. I had a very tasty zucchini frittata with crispy potatoes.  The description doesn't do justice to the flavor of the dish and neither do my photographs. 

When one of my favorite local restaurants went out of business some time before the Pandemic I was very disappointed. It had been the restaurant of choice for brunch in the neighborhood. I passed the empty store front many times in my walks around the neighborhood and it looked so sad. I was thrilled to see activity in the fall and delighted to see it open in late winter. 

The dessert menu

I'm tempted to try the other desserts, but as a lemon meringue fan, I am sure that will keep calling out to me when I look at the dessert menu. What would you choose?


The outside dining area

Our choice for Sunday lunch was outside dining. The weather was just a little nippy, but definitely warm enough to enjoy being outside. The interior is very pretty, and the same pale green color scheme is used.

Somehow I am behind already in the A to Z Challenge. Generally I keep up through at least "G" or "H," before I slip behind the rest of the bloggers. But it's still early enough in the month that I have optimism that by the weekend I will be on the proper schedule. Tomorrow we're going to one of my favorite places in the world. The biggest challenge will be figuring out which photographs to choose. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and enjoy the beautiful spring. 

8 comments

Olde Dame Holly said...

Your photograph of the lemon dessert is heavenly! What a shot!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I think I would order the Lemon Tart as well; it is so beautiful! The pandemic has really done a number on privately owned restaraunts!! So sad for all the owners dreams, and earnings.

kestrel said...

That is one Godzilla of a lemon tart. The ones I have eaten are punny tarts that I can swallow in 2 mouthfuls! I love anything with lemon so lemon tart is a fav too, besides lemon cheese cakes. It looks just "unreal," and the colours are 👍👍.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Oh my that dessert looks wonderful and such a work of art too. Glad you found a new favorite food place to enjoy !

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

These are always fun posts to read! You see so many interesting things that I will never see! Happy Spring!

Nellie said...

What a delicious dessert! The menu is amazing! I, of course, would be drawn to the chocolate.

Laurel Wood said...

Your dessert is a work of art! What a great photo. I would love the cheesecake with candied pecans. So happy you have a new place to enjoy dining out.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That lemon tart did look lovely, Carol, and sure it tasted even better. After seeing the menu I would have wanted to try all the treats, not all at once, of course, but a good reason for future visits.