Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Celebrates Spring

 

The flowers of spring have arrived

Though yesterday felt like summer in New York with a beautiful and balmy eighty degrees, by the calendar it's still spring. The phrase that keeps coming to mind is one of my favorite's from the Song of Songs,  "For lo the winter has past...the flowers appear on the earth and the time of singing has come." I think this every spring, but this year the spring and the verse have a special sweetness. 


If you look very carefully in the center of the tree, you'll see a bird feeder. The "song of the turtledove" -- or more likely a robin in New York -- is heard in the land.  


On the way home from my park visit and walk with Betsy I found this art work down the block from my building. I was taken with both the pink chalk and the subject matter, modes of transportation. There were also blue chalk cars and buses, but the pink was my choice for Pink Saturday.

The orange tulips came home with me

In just a few hours Passover begins. Last year I was grateful to celebrate via Zoom, but my wish was to celebrate in-person. This year I will still gather with friends via Zoom, but these beautiful tulips will be going with me for an in-person celebration. We'll be a small gathering, but no less joyful. My wishes to all who are celebrating Passover for a sweet and healthy holiday. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and wishes to all for the beauty and gift of spring. 

11 comments

Martha said...

Beautiful flowers and I love your pink selection. Have a joyous Passover celebration!

Ginny Hartzler said...

The flowers are gorgeous! And what sweet chalk drawings. Wondering if a boy or girl drew these. Girls love pink, but boys love cars!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Lovely post. May you have a blessed passover.

acorn hollow said...

Lovely tulips and chalk drawings. So glad you can celebrate Passover in person this year.
Cathy

Marcia said...

Wow! 80º! We had it warm too for NH but not that high. Lovely flowers everywhere on the blogs today.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Passover. Thanks for sharing those beautiful flowers with us. Spring is wonderful!

NanaDiana said...

Such lovely flowers. Just beautiful. I wish I had a bit of your weather here. We had snow this morning. xo Diana

Edna B said...

Orange is my favorite color. I just love love your tulips! I know they will make your day super special. Hugs, Edna B.

Laurel Wood said...

I know it is delightful to enjoy both the warm temps and the colorful flowers. The orange tulips are gorgeous. The pink sidewalk chalk art brings a smile.

Theresa said...

A happy post and it made me smile:) The flowers are beautiful, I LOVE flowers! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Happy Passover!
The pictures are lovely.