Powered by Blogger.

Mug Monday Goes to Connecticut

 

Today, Mug Monday goes to Kitchen Little in Mystic, Connecticut

Today, we're taking Mug Monday on the road. Despite my resolve not to buy any new mugs in 2020, I couldn't resist a mug from Kitchen Little in Mystic, Connecticut. The question on the mug, "Is there life before coffee" spoke to me and the mug in the corner of the photograph came home with me. I was at Kitchen Little last September when I had the good fortune to spend a few beautiful autumn days at the Connecticut shore. After cooking for myself for months I did go wild with this breakfast and splurged on corned beef hash. It was worth all of the calories. 

A view of Mystic from the Mystic River bridge 


The trip wasn't all food, but there was definitely food on the schedule. These amazing goodies are from Sift Bake Shop in downtown, Mystic. If you're in the area Sift is a must on your itinerary. 

The beautiful beach at Stonington, Connecticut
 
I grew up in Connecticut and I have a fondness for the coastal towns there. The beaches are rocky and the sand isn't lush, but the views are beautiful. I also love the history and historic architecture that are part of many of these towns. I can't choose a favorite town, but I'm giving an A+ for historic buildings and sea view to Stonington. I'm hoping for a return visit this summer and an opportunity to spend time taking pictures. 

As promised, we have a winner for Craft Coffee. It will be going to Tammy Corvin, a great coffee fan. Tammy, I will follow up with you.

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care.  

12 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

I really like the little village houses on the shore. Looks like a fishing town in New England. And I guess it IS. Your breakfast looks wonderful, and I am glad you bought the mug. You cannot stop mug buying cold turkey, or one day you will binge and buy a lot at once! I know, I love mugs and can't resist. Today I bought a new Pioneer Woman one. Bt it was under $5.00

Laurel Wood said...

Oh, your photos are gorgeous. Looks like you had great weather for your visit. The mug is cute. Wishing you a pleasant day.

Theresa said...

Oh how beautiful! I have never visited Connecticut but looks like a great place to go! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Latane Barton said...

I'm not a coffee drinker but I sure could use a stopover at Sift. See things that are calling me!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I think it's fun to collect mugs from places we've been to and enjoy the visit all over again when we use the mug. That breakfast looks wonderful ! Actually making me hungry just looking at it. I have a small mug collection from the states I'v been to and enjoy those over and over again!

Edna B said...

That breakfast looks delicious! I agree, Connecticut has some beautiful coastal towns. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hello. That breakfast looks sooo good! I love the mug too. Connecticut looks so beautiful. I have not visited New England at all (New York is as far east as I have been) but it is on my list. I love the pictures. Hope you can go back for another visit soon, now that there seems to be a light at the end of the Covid tunnel. See you again soon.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Pretty pictures, and I tend to lean toward the coffee cup! I am a big coffee lover. I have been to Connecticut and it a beautiful state and hope you get to go back. Have a great Wednesday.

DeniseinVA said...

Very pretty scenery and I think I would be splurging too on my first meal in a restaurant after such a long time of being in one. I really enjoy my first cup of coffee in the morning. Congratulations to Tammy!

kestrel said...

Cakes and cookies in Sift Bake look too inviting to resist. I think I can take home 1/2 the shop and have them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sea looks choppy and the clouds look threadtening. Looks like you had a good trip.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We have been to Stonington a few times as my husband's family live in CT - New London, Groton and formerly Stonington. And it is a beautiful area, but a bit overcrowded in the summer months, but maybe not so much in the time of COVID.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Beautiful pictures, and that breakfast makes me hungry.