Powered by Blogger.

One Word Wednesday

 

Reunited!

I believed that my missing glove had gone the way of all socks, but I was so wrong. On a day that I didn't believe I'd need to wear gloves ever again -- mid fifties in New York City today -- I pulled out a much lighter jacket. As I was putting hand sanitizer in my pocket I felt what I thought was a mask tucked there sometime in the fall. It wasn't a mask, but my "lost" glove. I thought I'd checked every possible pocket and drawer, but evidently, I hadn't.  

This happy discovery was one part of an almost spring day that made me believe in hope, optimism and sunshine. Though I rationally know there is still a long way to go to a post-pandemic life, today made me believe it's just over the horizon. It may be a long walk to the horizon, but it's out there. 

On a totally different note, I spent the morning working on sorting my sock drawer. I realized that mate-less socks give me no joy and it was time to divest myself of these lone socks. I've now got an organized drawer and rediscovered a number of pairs of socks that had been hiding in the back of the drawer. I felt as though I'd been out sock shopping and didn't spend a penny. I've also got some pairs of socks that I probably won't wear again and I'm hoping to find a group that will accept gently used socks. If anyone knows of one, please let me know. I'm happy to send them to a group that can use them. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care. 

13 comments

acorn hollow said...

Nice you found your glove! I did the same with the sock drawer early last year I too found socks I had forgotten
Cathy

Deb J. in Utah said...

I am sure glad you found your glove. Those are good-looking gloves. Have a great Thursday. See you again soon!

Marcia said...

It turned up. You must have finally heard it calling to you.

I've donated socks to local thrift stores like Goodwill. Here it's called Listen. I've shopped there too for furniture and such.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Hoqq wonderful for you to have your gloves again. ;just like unmatched socks, one just doesn't do it. Must have a pair. There is a light at the end of a very long tunnel.

Olde Dame Holly said...

Now, careful with those single socks! There might be a cousin of Socko or Sockette in there.

Karen said...

Such nice looking gloves!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your gloves are pretty! And pretty gloves are hard to come by. I always feel so good whenever I get a drawer cleaned out. We take all the hings we don't need anymore to Goodwill.

Nellie said...

How wonderful that you have found that missing glove! It’s great to be able to go “shopping” for new socks in your very own sock drawer!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

I've found a missing glove the very same way. It is a wonderful feeing! Have a grand weekend!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

You found it!!!!!!! Hooooray!!!!!

And you remembered to Take Joy, in daily happenings. You deserve a Hooooooray! for that toooo!

📕 📗 📚 📙 📘

Edna B said...

How awesome that you found your missing glove. I really should do something about the mess called my sock and undies drawer. You are quite an inspiration. I usually donate to Big Brother Big Sister, so I should call them to see if they are picking up again yet. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a nice surprise, Carol, to find your glove instead of a mask and that certainly is a nice looking, reunited pair. I also have sorted through my sock drawer recently and learned that as nice as new things can be, none are needed. The old ones are still serviceable. Nice of you to offer to donate your unneeded ones and aside from thrift stores, I don't know anyplace, but others might know of an organization.

kestrel said...

I like your term, mate-less" socks. Oh, I have plenty of them as I believe my washing machine likes to keep one of each pair "for company." We have large bins placed in our petrol stations to collect any kind of fabric for recycling. Just yesterday, I put it a large bag of clothes after decluttering. have a good week end