Powered by Blogger.

Rest in Peace, RBG


 The RBG window at the local store, West Side Kids

I'm not sure I have much to add to the tens of thousands of words that have been written about Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg in the last week. I was aware of many of her professional accomplishments, but was most interested in the personal memories. She was a great friend, a fan of opera and theater and a dedicated to working with her trainer, who she started working with after first bout with cancer in 1999. She was a woman of many firsts and now she is the first woman to lie in state at the United States Capitol today. 

During my walk yesterday I came upon this window in a local shop and it said so much about my feelings. I'm not sure I've ever seen a store window dedicated to a Supreme Court Justice or a judge that evoked such strong positive feelings in so many people. In reflection, I'm not sure we will again in our time. 

Thank you, RBG for all you contributed to America and thank you , too, for being a role model of continuing to be totally engaged in everything around you.  

As ever, thanks for visiting. Take care, my friends, and enjoy the weekend. 

9 comments

Martha said...

I totally agree with you, she was one of a kind and such an amazing woman, may she rest in peace.

TARYTERRE said...

my daughter was in DC at the viewing. she said people were chanting jewish prayers that were comforting. everyone wore a mask and socially distanced 6 to 8 feet apart. groups of seven or eight were moved forward to see RBG. And it was a beautiful tribute to this iconic woman who did so much for womens rights. afterwards she headed over to the reflection pool to think about the power of this moment in history.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a wonderful window! Today on the news, I saw her trainer doing pushups in front of her coffin, as a show of respect.

Janie Junebug said...

RBG and her late husband had an amazing relationship.

Love,
Janie

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Watching the two short ceremonies at the Supreme Court and the Capital, I cried big tears. She was such a marvelous woman.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

We need more role models like her in the world. How nice the store windows were decorated for her. Someone must have wanted her remembered.

Jeanie said...

I think you are right -- that may be one of the few store wndows devoted to a justice -- and it will probably be a long while before another is.

Wanda said...

A very nice tribute. Thanks for visiting my blog today. Hope you will drop by again.

peggy said...

This is just awesome!