Powered by Blogger.

We're Having a Heat Wave, a (Not so) Tropical Heat Wave

 
My perfect inspiration from my favorite artist, Neil Myers

When I put this post together yesterday, New York was still in the midst of one of the coldest weather patterns I can remember here. But overnight life returned to winter normal and I very happily went out in less than my arctic wear. I had on "just" a winter coat and gloves -- no hat and no boots. I did a little closet decluttering and started my day with a quick trip to the Salvation Army. I'm optimistic that I will reclaim large portions of my storage closet in 2018!

One of my major inspirations during the polar freeze was the painting shown above. It's a watercolor done by one of my favorite artists, Neil Myers. His work includes many paintings of the American Southwest, but I was especially fortunate to acquire this beautiful watercolor of Provence. It hangs over my computer and while I'm typing I'm also enjoying the view of the lavender fields. It's not quite being in Provence, but it's a wonderful inspiration on a cold, cold day, or any day! Also a big thanks to my friends at GK Framing in Lower Manhattan who worked magic framing this painting. 
 
The winner of the PBS Kids Giveaway is Denise!
Denise, I will be in touch to get your address and send the video to you. Congratulations!
 
Now I'm off for another walk while it's sunny and (relatively) warm. As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care.  
 

11 comments

Linda said...

Congratulations Denise. Its a balmy 32* here in western NY, certainty better than the negatives, smiles.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like those days when you have time to work inside and declutter! You did great! And congrats to your winner. Hugs, Diane

Pam said...

Great watercolor, love the colors in it! We've been in the polar freeze here in the Chicago area also, enough already! Very bitter temperatures and wind! It's warmer today and will be for a few days then back to the deep freeze they say. Happy walking!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Life is like the weather - it can change in a minute - one moment snowing and the next sunshine and warmth!

Mevely317 said...

How nice to see ... what you see while posting. :)

Melinda said...

We have had two plus tomorrow "warm"
days. tomorrow being the warmest then
we go back to deep freeze.
Enjoy your walks.

M : )

TARYTERRE said...

That's a charming painting. Would enhance the happy mood for sure.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Like you we have more normal winter weather here with a break from the arctic blast that came our way. I still need my hat but the layers upon layers has decreased. What a blessing!

Denise said...

Wow. I am like shocked. I used to say I never won anything. My luck has changed since I started blogging. Thanks.

Dee said...

Dear Carol, we here on the western side of Missouri have not had the snow that you New Yorkers got, but we did get an Arctic blast--as the weather forecasters here say. Then we had two or three mild days and today--Thursday, we've gone back down into real chill!

Thank you for sharing the watercolor with us. Watercolor is my favorite painting medium and I so appreciate why this particular one might speak to you. Peace.

Susie said...

Hi Carol, It's Thursday and it was 58 degrees here today. A storm is moving our way and it will be snow, ice, rain and cold. It's a mixed bag. I love all you Central Park shots and the buildings. Thank you. Blessings, take care stay well. xoxo, Susie