Powered by Blogger.

F Is for Filicori Zecchini

We're returning to my Upper West Side neighborhood for a visit to Filicori Zecchini. Yes, it is a chain, and a multi-national one, but the coffee and ambience give it a very local feel. It's a quick walk from where I live -- seven blocks -- and I generally stop in a few times a month.  With every order there's a small piece of dark chocolate. If the coffee wasn't good, that wouldn't be an inducement to return. But the coffee is good and well worth drinking.  
 



I've only ordered iced coffee here and it's a strong glass of coffee. It's slightly stronger than my preference, but with a good flavor and I am happy to give it a B+. The company, founded in Bologna in 1919, now has branches around the world. I enjoyed reading their website and learning about the process for their coffee. In the last few days I've begun to read more about coffee and chat with barristas in some of the places where I've stopped, and this simple A to Z Blogging Challenge has taken on a new dimension. I'm starting to think about the origins of the coffee beans, where are they roasted and if they are a blend of beans. I'm sure I will find more issues to consider, but those are some of my thoughts now.
 
Looking in from Broadway and 95th Street.  I generally take a seat in this window. I like to look out and see the passing parade on Broadway.
 
This is the view looking north, up Broadway. Columbia University is one mile north. I especially liked the way the sky looked on this not quite spring day a few weeks ago.
 


I got slightly behind yesterday, so expect a return post later today for "G."

So much coffee, so little time! As ever, take good care and enjoy the day.

11 comments

Paula said...

What a nice education on coffee!!

Denise said...

I never heard of them, obviously not in the Detroit area. I will forgive you if you have to use them again for Z, lol.

TARYTERRE said...

PBS did a special on coffee a few months ago. it was quite fascinating. Sounds like you visited a nice place for a cup. LOVE the view of the buildings and the sky.

Susie said...

Buttercup, I would so love to taking this coffee tour with you. You have so many places to go , so much to see and enjoy. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Cranberry Morning said...

Thanks for taking us along! Sounds like a nice place, and I love reflection shots! Have a wonderful weekend, Carol.

Pondside said...

I like a sophisticated, Italian-style cafe. We have a Starbucks on every corner here (okay, that may be a tiny bit of an exaggeration, but I have a choice of four Starbucks within a two to three minute walk from my office. They have put all the independents out of business.

Janet said...

Love your pictures! My hubs worked in a coffee factory for 18 years and he could tell you a lot about the different beans, where they come from and how they are roasted. He used to come home smelling like coffee and for all that time we never had to buy coffee. After it closed and we had to buy our coffee from the grocery store I almost fainted at the cost! Really enjoying your posts!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I do not think we have that chain around here. I love their name.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I've never heard of that coffee shop before. Nice they give a piece of chocolate with it. Sounds like a nice combination. I might be tempted to drop the chocolate into the coffee and stir it around. I like my coffee hot and it would melt I'm thinking. Hope your Saturday is a great one !

Anonymous said...

Reading your A to Z has become my coffee break routine. Fun to sip and read!

Linda said...

Smiling...I always enjoy your walks...thank you. Blessings