Powered by Blogger.

A Visit to the Buttercupland Fair

We've got our traditions in Buttercupland. Pepe makes his annual appearance dressed in his holly jolly finery. I take lots of pictures of New York fun and share them with you. Our other tradition here is a visit to the Buttercupland Fair. There are some very talented citizens in Buttercupland and their creations are a delight. I like to buy gifts from friends who are creative. Their work is terrific and I love encouraging gifts that are actually made by people I know. As the world grows less personal, shopping that is more personal is my small contribution to a warmer world.

Today I am featuring two long-standing blog friends. I've written about both of them before and I am happy to (re)introduce their work to Buttercupland. The first talented blogger buddy is Becky, who blogs at Hospitality Lane. She is the creator of my favorite candles anywhere, Good Neighbors Candle. I love scented candles, but I'm sensitive to too much scent and her candles work so well for me. They're made of soy and they burn very clean and each scent is more fun the one before. I've got a crème brulee candle burning now, but let me introduce you to a few others I think I need to add to my collection.

  Spiced Cranberry seems like the perfect candle for frosty winter nights. 
 
 I have given this Hot Chocolate candle as a gift to my hairdresser for several years. I got her something else this year. She liked the gift, but commented on how she loved the chocolate candle. I think that's what I'm choosing for next year. 
 
Apricot Chamomile seems to be more of a "spring" scent, but I love the aroma of apricots and it's on my list to try, too. 
 
 
It wouldn't be a shopping trip without buying books. If you're looking for a Christmas book to give or to keep, I'm strongly suggesting my blog buddy Terra's book, A Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts. There are wonderful stories and great tips for enjoying all the good times that this season offers. I've never met Terra (alas!) but hope one day to share stories and book recommendations in person.
 
 
 
I still have a local visit to make to share some beautiful jewelry made by a friend, so we will have more fun at the Buttercupland Fair.  
 
I hope you've enjoyed seeing these treats. Today I made a foray to the post office. One more trip and I think I'll be all set. I always feel so good after I've gotten my packages wrapped and mailed, but I still procrastinate. Next year, timely mailing!
 
As ever, thanks for visiting and have a sweet week!


Please note: No products were received for these comments. The opinions are all mine.

17 comments

Linda said...

Oh I bet the candles smell good, especially the chocolate one...give Pepe a hug for me...many Holiday Blessings to you.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I love Terra's book! Beautifully written, and full of inspiration!
I also love soy candles. A neighbor makes them here, but I'll check out Beck's scents--they sound delightful!

I know you are enjoying your beautiful weather right now!

Terra said...

Oh Buttercup, thank you for recommending my book in this post, along with the candles with those wonderful sounding scents, like chocolate. Your blogging buddy, Terra.

Becky K. said...

Wow! What a sweet write up on my candles and Terra's book. You are simply the best! :-) And a very special lady whom I consider a friend even though we've met but just once.

Paula said...

I love candles and it is hard to find good ones that smell wonderful to the last drop! I am off to visit your friends blog!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Handmade gifts and books...those are my favorite gifts too! Happy holidays sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I heartily agree with you regarding Be Kay's candles! The spiced cranberry is my mothers' favorite!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Winter needs a candle to brighten our senses. Chocolate is perfect.

Theresa said...

Those candles and the book would make great gifts:) I really need to order some more candles:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hello Carol,
What a great idea about buying handmade gifts that your friends made to give to you friends!! I think the idea for the candles is great. I hope you are enjoying the holidays. Take care and thanks for the visit.
Julie xo

Susie said...

Buttercup, I love spice and fruit smelling candles. Flowery ones give me headaches. So I never burn those. I always buy handmade items from my mom's best friends...such as towels that have hangers for the kitchen...then I give them to my daughters in my mom's memory. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Anonymous said...

Hi dear Buttercup! Through blogging, I have met some talented women and it's great fun to buy presents through their sites.
Wishing you a wonderful evening.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I'm fascinated by the idea of a chocolate candle. In all my trips to various candle shops, I've never encountered that scent!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Such interesting candles. I love the flavored ones that smell like fresh baked goods.
Handmade gifts are always the best, made with love.

Nadine_Feldman said...

Oh, my, a chocolate scented candle! That sounds like fun.

I love it when local arts and crafts get featured. Beats all the "noise" in the busy department stores this time of year.

Laura said...

Candles and books- the perfect combination for gift giving and enjoying.
How wonderful of you to recommend both to us.
Enjoyed visiting! And I am a new follower.
Have a blessed Christmas!

Laura
White Spray Paint

Pam said...

I so agree, Carol, it wouldn't be a shopping trip without buying books and that Christmas book sounds like a good one. The candles must be great too and perfect for a dark winter day. Happy Holidays to you!