Powered by Blogger.

Pumpkin Spice Latte Foodie Friday Meets Random Five Friday

As much as I've been enjoying writing about something foodie on Fridays, I've been missing Random 5 Friday. I really enjoyed the roundup of items on Fridays and especially miss my blogger buddy, Nancy, who hosted it. This week I'm going to do a mix-up of both and start with one of the most talked about autumn foodie items, the pumpkin spice latte.
 

1) I was walking home last night after seven. It was already dark and it was cold. Actually it was sixty degrees out, but it felt cold, and I was going to pass one of America's most famous coffee shops. I don't think a name is needed. It felt like pumpkin spice latte weather and I had my first one -- maybe last one -- of the season. I know people wait for them and start drinking pumpkin lattes in August, but I'm not ready until a night like last night. My drink was good and the first sip was especially delicious, but at almost five dollars for a small cup (!) my next specialty drink might be a peppermint mocha in December.

1A) I'm actually thinking of saving $5.00 every week I don't have a pumpkin latte/peppermint mocha and buying something special in December. We'll call it the Treat Fund. I've been thinking about a new camera or coffee maker. I'll keep you posted.

2) I've got Bible Study group this afternoon and tonight I have theater tickets to see Carol Burnett and Brian Dennehy. The reviews have been great and I'm so looking forward to it.

3) The next few weeks are busy with long awaited events. Next weekend I will be in Providence for a long scheduled family weekend and just ten days later I'll be joining friends for our annual autumn trip. Last year we were in New Orleans -- what a fabulous time! -- and this year we are visiting Savannah. I've been to Savannah a number of times, but I am always happy for another visit. If anyone is in the Savannah area, please let me know. I would love to try and get together.

4) I'm enjoying my new computer and I'm still amazed that I set it up. Yesterday I bought a printer, which will be delivered next week and an external hard drive. I am going to make every effort to do regular back ups. I did a quick tutorial at the store and I am optimistic that I will be able to do the backup myself.

5) On a different note, one of the groups I work with requires Google Analytics. I installed it, but it's not working right. I've been looking at YouTube videos and reading websites and I still can't get it to work correctly. I'd appreciate any suggestions that might help.

Another autumn in New York picture, Central Park at West 59th Street
 
As always, thanks for visiting and take good care!

14 comments

From the Kitchen said...

Ah, yes to the pumpkin spice latte--a rare (expensive)
treat!! Enjoy Providence! My daughter-in-law is director of programming at the Rhode Island Historical Society. If you have a chance, their venues are nice to visit. In fact, there is so much to do and see in that historic old city. I've made many visits.

Best,
Bonnie

Terra said...

Hey, that could turn out to be a nice savings account for a future gift. I don't like any of those seasonal coffee drinks, shocking I know. I read ingredient labels and say no more. A simple latte is always welcome.

Sola Scriptura said...

A peppermint mocha sounds delicious! I'm looking forward to treats like that come December.
Hugs to you,
Lauren

Barb said...

I never get the specialty drinks. (Though they sound good.) In Aspen, where we just visited, 2 small coffees plus a scone were over $10. I assume it's the same In New York! You're doing well with your electronics. I'm still mastering a new camera. I miss Nancy, too.

Melinda said...

Everyone needs a treat fund!

M : )

Linda said...

I had a Pumpkin Latte the other day, at the student union..tasted just like pumpkin pie..and no where near the $5 you paid. ANYWAYS--you will be surprised about saving the $5 and how far that will go..I know you can do it. Blessings

Mevely317 said...

Love the idea of a Treat Fund!

I just discovered Maxwell House International's Pumpkin Spice Latte; even one of our engineers who makes fun of lattes had to admit it was pretty good!

Susie said...

Buttercup, I saw Carol Burnett on the Today show yesterday...she spoke of the show. I hope you really enjoy it. Glad you are enjoying your new computer. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Theresa said...

Sounds like a great day and productive! Enjoy your Sunday dear friend, HUGS

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It does sound like you'll be having a wonderful Sunday for sure. And the days ahead sound exciting too. Hope you enjoy all the Autumn days ahead.

TARYTERRE said...

I know what you mean about the cost of specialty drinks. I've been splurging on my African Autumn Tea Lattes and it's starting to add up. You have a good idea about saving that money.

BJ PUP said...

My favorite at that coffee shop is Peppermint Hot Chocolate with the whipped cream. So gooooood.

A month of....Blog said...

I've been in NY for 7 years and I've never tried a pumpkin spice latte... can't really say why not... On another note - enjoy Providence - I visited once and loved the small city. Read an article recently on 36 hours in Providence (NY times I think it was). So many wonderful things to do - I'd love to go back!

Ida said...

I love the Pumpkin Spice latte but like you said they are a bit expensive so I limit myself as to how many I buy. Saving up for a new camera sound like a good idea.
Sounds like you have a lot planned to keep you busy . So glad you got the new computer up and running all on your own.