Powered by Blogger.

It's the Real Thing

Whether it's just the view from my cousins' front yard...
 
Or this view of the water in town...
 
Or this view...
 
 
Rhode Island and the beautiful towns of Barrington and Warren didn't disappoint me in my search for autumn beauty. New York City hasn't had much in the way of foliage, but the entire train trip to Rhode Island -- through Westchester County and then along the coast of Connecticut and Rhode Island was beautiful.  It reminded me of the autumns growing up in Connecticut and going to school in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. 
 
On Monday morning I made a list of things I needed to do this week and at the top of the list was "get a flu shot." I get one every year and besides a little soreness I've never had a problem. But this time I decided I would get a shot for pneumonia at the same time. I think the second shot was too much and -- thanks to my study of Dr. Google -- I think I have a mild case of the flu. I'm achy, have the chills and I am so tired. I hope it passes very quickly. It's my first case and now I understand the concerns about getting the flu. I don't have much of an appetite, but I do have a craving for tomato soup, just what I would have eaten when I was a little girl and was sick.
 
Tomorrow I'll be back with pictures of my "trip to Vienna" via Grand Central Station.
 
As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care.

11 comments

Terra said...

Be well, and enjoy your autumn traveling.

Mevely317 said...

Tomato soup, oh yes.
Feel better soon!!!

xoxox
Myra

Sola Scriptura said...

Beautiful pictures! I hope you recover soon, the flu is never fun. Get plenty of rest!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

The pictures are beautiful. This time of year is the last Hurrah before the dreary days set in. Hope you feel better soon. I need to get my flu shot too. Take good care.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

You took some lovely pictures of fall. I have taken the train from Philadelphia to Providence and enjoyed the scenery as well. Going by rail is so much nicer than driving and being caught in traffic.

I hope you feel better soon.

Kerin said...

Sending get well wishes your way.

The pictures are so pretty.

K.

Paula said...

Fall is such a great time for pictures. I hope you feel better soon

Melinda said...

Hope you are feeling better soon.

I had a slight reaction to my flu shot this year for some reason.
The are got sore, red and hot. It
is gettring better now.

Enjoy your soup and get LOTS of
rest.

Pretty fall pics.

M :)

Catherine said...

Dear Carol, I will pray that you feel better real soon. Blessings dear. Catherine

TARYTERRE said...

I hope you feel better soon. Had to smile about the tomato soup. That is what my mom used to make me when I was sick as a little girl.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Sorry you aren't feeling well. Your photos are gorgeous!