Powered by Blogger.

Apple Foodie Friday

Not Quite the edible apple...

One of my retirement goals has been to buy a new computer. My almost seven year old computer freezes and starts very slowly. It's still functioning, but I think it's days are coming to an end. My printer has just about come to an end and I definitely need to replace it. In the last seven years the computer world has changed significantly and what was standard then is antiquated now. I am also seven years older and I would love a bigger monitor to work on. From a perspective of orderliness I'd like to be working in a wireless environment.

A year ago I would have done some research and then bought a new p.c., but that was before I got my iPad. I have come to really like using it and that opened my thoughts to getting a Mac. I used it on the cruise and liked it a lot, and it would be great to be able to easily use the photos I take with my iPad on my desktop. I've now visited two Apple stores and I'm just about ready to take the plunge. But before I do I'm turning to my blog buddies for advice. Is anyone using a Mac and if so, what are the pros and cons that you can share with me? I don't see any negatives, but there might be things I haven't thought of. Much appreciate your thoughts and input. 

I can't leave Foodie Friday without real food and I loved these crispy rice cereal treats at one of my favorite places, Treat House. The theme is summer treats and the crispy rice treats were cute, cute, cute. 

The store is next door to the library. Major temptation every time I go to the library. 

Today was a busy day, with errands and an appointment in the afternoon. I wore a skirt and a nice blouse and it struck me how infrequently I wear "business attire" now. Tomorrow is a quieter day, with services in the morning and time with friends in the afternoon. Sunday afternoon I am back to the gym. 

As always, thanks for visiting. Have a wonderful weekend and savor the last of August.  

12 comments

TARYTERRE said...

I don't have a Mac so I can't offer any advice. But I will wish you good luck with this decision. Getting a new computer is always an adjustment.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I have a Mac and love it. I really can't think of anything negative about it.

Sola Scriptura said...

Sorry, I'm clueless when it comes to anything technical or about computers. I leave all of that to my husband.
The treat shop looks like a fun place to visit and I love crispy rice treats!
It sounds like you're doing well with going to the gym regularly. Good for you!

Living in the In Between said...

I just went to a mac about six months ago. It took a little getting used to, but now I LOVE it. The photo album feature is awesome, the streaming of my pics from my iphone to my ipad to my mac is awesome! I can take a pic on my camera, download to the mac and within seconds the pics have magically made it to my phone and ipad. My only advise is this: get your important files and pics from your present computer onto a flashdrive TODAY! You don't want to lose everything if and when your pc eventually crashes. You won't be sorry making the change. I was a little hesitant but now I wouldn't go back to my pc.

Theresa said...

I am no help at all:) I use a laptop because my desktop is TOO OLD, like me:) I just bought a new wireless printer and I really like it! It is a fax machine, printer and scanner combo! AND prints some really nice photos. It is a Canon Pixma! Hope you find a new computer that you will love for many years! Enjoy your weekend dear friend, HUGS!

Linda said...

Our home computer is 8 yrs old, come Friday we will have a new one..the flat screen monitor is going..anyways..love this post, thanks for the smiles. Blessings

Susie said...

Buttercup, Choosing a new computer should be easy for you. You have worked with them before. I hope you get one you know and understand. You know going to the library and passing by a tempting place like that would be so hard. LOL Hope you are enjoying yourself. xoxo,Susie

Mevely317 said...

My PC is also suffering the aches and pains of 'old age' ...sigh.

If $$$ weren't an issue, I'd be over-the-moon to replace it with a MAC. I've never heard anything negative said about them.

Hope the hunt is enjoyable!

Kerin said...

Sorry, I've no opinion here about the computer. I don't have a MAC, and I use an old computer now too.

That treat store looks like fun! Cute way to display yummy stuff.

Enjoy your weekend :)

Ida said...

Thankfully my PC is still working great because I hate the new Windows program. The sweet shop looks delicious.

Lynda said...

I don't have a MAC but love my IPhone and it would make me consider an Apple next time, too. When I retired, I bought a nice HP ink printer that also scans and can be wireless. It is fantastic - - best printer we have ever had and it was worth the price - - especially for how clearly it prints coupons. No other printer we owned has done so well with barcodes.

Nellie said...

I am certainly not a tech expert, but I fairly wept when the Apple laptop that had been handed down from our daughter "died" 1 1/2 years ago. No budget for an Apple replacement, so home with that HP laptop instead. About a month ago I utilized my stash of gift cards and sprung for an iPad which I love! It is definitely worth the money to have the technology that brings you satisfaction, in my opinion.