Powered by Blogger.

Valentine Pink Saturday

I know Valentine's Day is over and we've already had our Buttercup Valentine celebration. But despite the foot of snow that fell in New York City in the last few days I've been able to capture a few pink Valentine store windows. There's even one wild window from a trip to the West Village I took today. The weather really turned between the time I left home from gentle flakes to a full-fledged snowstorm, but I finished an errand I've been trying to complete for the last few weeks.

There are all kinds of Valentine windows in New York City stores. 

There are sweet and cuddly windows on the Upper West Side.

There are sophisticated and playful windows -- with a selfie taking place -- near Lincoln Center. 

And there are wild and blingy windows in Greenwich Village.

I thought they were all fun. The first two windows were from stores I shop in often, but the third is in a neighborhood I rarely get to. Snow aside, I enjoyed my trip downtown a lot -- I have pictures to share next week -- and I will definitely be making a return visit when the weather is nicer. I was so pleased to find so much pink to share with my Pink Saturday buddies. 

I hope all of the Buttercupland folks in Georgia are all settled again after the earthquake and the power is back on again, too. As always, so glad you all stopped by to visit and take good care.   

15 comments

Anonymous said...

I love your photos tonight!
We lost power for several hours yesterday but overall, we did well. No storm damage. South of us, ice did a lot of damage.
Wishing you a good night.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Kudos to you for going out in this weather. I am a coward and am afraid if slipping and falling or driving someplace and doing the same. You are an inspiration, Carol.

TARYTERRE said...

LOVED looking at the pretty window displays. I can't believe all the snow this winter is dropping. Stay warm.

Lynn said...

Neat colourful photos, I hadn't heard of an earthquake must check that out...stay warm and upright..

It's me said...

Love !!!!!...xxx !

Theresa said...

We never lost power but my Niece's was out for days, back on now! Love ALL of those pretty pinks! Nice to shop around your city with you:) Have a blessed day, HUGS!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

The window displays are delightful. Glad you could get out and about. This weather has kept me in more than I want for sure. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I always love getting a glimpse of the windows. I would probably spend more if I lived near so many wonderful stores! Enjoy your day my friend!

Linda said...

I love the last one the most, the wild and bligny one. What a nice time you had. I also love the selfie you posted, lol. Stay warm. Blessings

Chatty Crone said...

Ms. Buttercup - My favorite color is pink - and I love the Pink Saturdays. And I love New York and having a pink Saturday in New Your- is so exciting. I want to come there some day. I have been there twice years ago! sandie

Melinda said...

Loving the pink, especially
the pink tree.

Glad you were able to get
out and about.

M : )

Sola Scriptura said...

I'm sorry to hear the flurries turned into a snowstorm while you were out and about! Your pictures are lovely, as always :)

Mevely317 said...

Happy belated Valentine's!
Love the feel you convey, like we're enjoying a cup of coffee across the kitchen table from one another!

INSANE weather patterns this year, eh? I read your mention of sun and snow almost in disbelief ... then cringed at the image of your being stuck between the plow, puddles and snow. No more broken body parts, missy!

Hugs from Phoenix,
Myra

BJ PUP said...

What are you getting Pepe?

Annesphamily said...

Love the displays! My friend in PA. is without power and fortunate to be staying with his folks. It has been a brutal winter lots of places. We will have more snow but I expect it with the Winter season. Just happy Spring is coming soon.