Powered by Blogger.

Tea Time Sunlit Sunday

It's definitely not a sunlit Sunday in New York City today. It was clear for most of the day and I savored the ability to cross the street without any difficulty. But not very long ago I heard the sound of the snow shovel hitting the sidewalk. When I looked out I saw lots of snow and not much sidewalk anymore. I'm glad my errands took longer than expected and I cancelled my plans to be out tonight. The only place I want to be tonight is home.

But last Tuesday was gloriously sunlit. That was the day I spent with my friend Sandy in Tarrytown. I loved catching up with her -- we could (and did) spend hours talking during our working days -- and I especially enjoyed the pretty tea room where we had lunch.

Our lunch was so good. We both had chicken salad and choosing the food was the easy part. Choosing our tea was much more difficult.

These tea tins are only a small section of the many kinds of tea we had to choose from. Sandy had cranberry apple and I had a mango tea. I like the sign over the tins, "Enter with a Happy Heart." 

They had a great gift section and I enjoyed browsing. I was especially taken with the tea cozies. 


The cozies deserve the center of attention. I love the bright colors. 

What's your favorite type of tea? I'm more a coffee drinker than a tea drinker, but I do enjoy fruit teas and look for all varieties of apple teas. 

I'm about to get ready to settle in for television time. I'll be tuning to "Downton Abbey" and then will switch over to the Olympics. I haven't been as glued to the Olympics as I expected to be, but I have been enjoying the ice skating and of all things, the luge. I find that last sport fascinating, and admire the courage of going 85 miles an hour secured on your back in a sled. 

Please stop over and visit with the great bloggers at Sunlit Sunday, which has definitely been the best discovery of 2014. As ever, thanks for visiting. Take good care and keep warm and cozy. 

19 comments

Anonymous said...

What a lovely place to visit with your friend. I prefer coffee to tea but I do enjoy some fruit teas and mint chamomile. Those cozies are the cutest! Glad you are home safe and warm tonight.

Unknown said...

I am a big tea drinker so this place would be like heaven for me... and I love the tea cozies.. so bright.. and makes any day sunny even those snowy days and we have had lots. Coming over from Sunlit Sunday.

My Little Home and Garden said...

There are so many teas these days. I like camomile when I feel the need to be more calm, chai when I want something more fragrant and spicy.

It's always lovely to connect with a good friend for a decent chat; I did that myself on Friday.

I'm glad that you've found Sunlit Sunday to be a good discovery. I know I look forward to your posts.

Karen

Pamela Gordon said...

The tea shop looks lovely and it sounds like you and your friend had a wonderful time. I love tea and I guess one of my favourites is Earl Grey. I'm not a coffee drinker at all. Pamela

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

The tea shop looks lovely, and it seems the perfect place to visit with a good friend. :-) I have been drinking green tea, which I normally don't like. But I found a Lipton kind called Soothe that I fix in my Keurig. It really does seem to soothe. I may have a cup tonight before bed!

Melinda said...

The shop is cute! Glad
you had fun.
I'm an iced tea kinda
girl. Never picked up
the hot tea thing.

Did you get your
cards finished?

M : )

Pondside said...

I like a good cup of coffee, but for an afternoon pause there is just nothing like a cup of tea, brewed in a pot and kept warm under a cosy.
My current and long-time favourite is Earl Grey.

Lorrie said...

What a great place to visit with a friend. I'm a tea drinker - Earl Grey tops the list, with Peppermint tea a close second.

Sola Scriptura said...

I wish I had all of those teas on hand in my kitchen! I love tea although I do drink coffee (and a lot of it).

TARYTERRE said...

I LOVE tea. My favorite is Harney & Sons African Autumn.

Theresa said...

I am not a tea drinker, unless it is Southern style SWEET ICE TEA:) BUT I would sure like to shop in that little gift shop:) Enjoy your week dear friend! We are expecting ice/snow tomorrow, YIKES! HUGS!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

What a lovely, bright place to go for lunch during this endless winter.

I am a plain Earl Grey tea drinker, although when given choices, I will select an orange or lemon tea.

It's me said...

Nice place to be.....love from me ...x !

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I love a tea room visit with good company. Like you, I watched Downton Abbey and then back to the Olympics as I really enjoy the winter competitions.
My favourite tea is Cream Earl Grey and a scone with jam on the side is heaven!

Stephanie said...

Oh Carol, what a delightful place to visit!! I think I could spend all day in there :) I, too, love my coffee, but I also like Mint and Raspberry tea in the evenings.

Have a wonderful day - hugs!

Dee said...

Dear Carol, didn't last night's episode--#6--of "Downton Abbey" leave us with a real cliffhanger? What is Bates going to do? What will Edith say to her parents? Is that pig watcher any good????? What will happen to Thomas in the United States? Have Lady Cora's brother and her mother lost all their money???
I'm eager for next week's episode. How about you?

As to teas: I haven't had coffee in nearly thirty years. But I'm not an adventurous tea drinker and so I simply like a good oolong. Peace.

Nellie said...

Oh, I love the tea cozies, too! It does seem as though a hot cup of tea and something to do indoors are in order for you for today!

cedarmerefarm said...

I love tea and I love tea houses. You are so lucky to have so many choices of tea to choose from.

Susie said...

The love cozy is adorable. I have only made tea by the cup. I would love to have an English tea, to sample. I do not like weak teas , do you? Take care, xoxo,Susie