Powered by Blogger.

I've Got Cooking Inspiration for You

On these long, cold stormy days one of the best ways to spend time and to eat well is to cook. I can't complain that I don't have the time and nothing is better than the aroma of something warm bubbling on the stove or emerging from the oven. Despite my hours on Pinterest or searching the internet for new recipes it's nice to have a favorite blog or two or three to turn to. I've got a few I really like, but I've got another blog -- brand new -- to add to my list. Truth in journalism: the author is a dear friend and I have delighted in her cooking and hospitality for over twenty years. We met in a class in synagogue. For our last meeting of the class we all brought snacks. I brought a very nice bag of store-bought cookies and she brought chocolate covered strawberries, which took the idea of "bring a snack" to an entirely different level.

My friend Carol is a gifted cook, a food stylist and cookbook author. Wheat-Free, Dairy-Free Kitchen is not just for those who are avoiding dairy or wheat. It's delicious food. I've had the privilege of sampling a fabulous wheat-free, dairy-free cracker and it was terrific. I am especially taken with the idea of having homemade hash -- I am a hash fan, though I've never thought to make it -- for a breakfast treat.

  Wouldn't this be a nice breakfast on a cold morning! Just click the link above for the recipe. 

Please stop by and say hello. If you'd like to follow Wheat-Free Dairy-Free Kitchen, the follow button is at the top of the page. I promise you'll find great food and a warm welcome. 

I started the day early with a trip to my internist for routine blood work. That got me up and out and despite the cold I enjoyed being out and walking on this sunny morning. I spent the afternoon getting some errands done before I hole up in my apartment in anticipation of the next storm of this winter. I've got a list of blogging/free-lance chores to do as well as recipes I plan to make. My beans are soaking and I've got the ingredients for carrot-ginger soup. I plan to eat well tomorrow.  

As always, thanks for stopping by. Take good care and keep warm, cozy and safe.    

18 comments

Anonymous said...

I'll be sure to check out your friend's link. Thanks!
Hope you enjoy a warm and cozy evening.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I have been cooking up a storm this winter due to the storms and been wrecking havoc with my diet. Things taste better when you are snowed in and are warm and cozy.

Terra said...

That egg and hash looks yummy.

Anonymous said...

I fwd the link to my sister whose son would greatly benefit from these recipes. THX

Linda said...

Oh yummy!! Thanks for sharing. It is a tad bit cold here, isn't? This morning it was -14 here upstate. I have had about enough, lololol. Blessings

The Cranky said...

We love hash and that looks delicious! I'll definitely be checking out your friend's blog.

Nellie said...

Oh, what great ideas! I'm going to check that link! I've eliminated wheat for 2 1/2 months on my own, except for an occasional "planned indulgence."

Enjoy that carrot-ginger soup! That sounds great!

Patty Sumner said...

I had a great pot of beans today... I love those who can create beautiful food that is good for you...We still have snow and cold temps.. I am finding it hard to get out and about these days.. I am trying to eat more healthy hardy foods..hoping to include more exercise after this week.. glad you had a great walk out even though it was for a medical visit.. have a great week.. Stay warm and Blessings!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Carol

I'm so glad you like my blog and hope your followers will as well!

TARYTERRE said...

That breakfast looks good, indeed. Perfect for these cooler temps.

Nancy said...

That looks so good Carol~ Stay warm!

Lynn said...

chocolate covered strawberries wow and in Winter! That hash and egg looks great and I'm always on the look out for new cookbooks. Stay warm.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I do love hash and will check out your friends blog. I did see on the news that another storm is headed up the east coast. We are not being affected by that one here. Take care and enjoy your cooking !

peggy said...

I just watched the news. I am glad you have plenty of good things lined up to cook for the next few days. I will definitely check out your friends blog, thank you!

Theresa said...

I have been cooking a little too much while we are snowed in:) Our storm is heading your way! HUGS and prayers for warmth and safety!

Ida said...

It does look like a tasty breakfast.

BJ PUP said...

Yum

Sola Scriptura said...

That looks like it would be a great breakfast. I'll check out the link, thanks :)