Powered by Blogger.

Big Game Sunlit Sunday

In just a few hours the Big Game will have come and gone and we'll know the winner of XLVIII. Infinite quantities of chips and wings will have been eaten and it will be all over, except for this year's statistics. I'm cheering for the Broncos. It's not with the same enthusiasm it would be if my beloved Giants were playing. But if Eli Manning isn't playing, I'm rooting for his brother and the team from Denver. The Big Game brought a lot of sunshine into my life this week and I'm happy to share photos from Super Bowl Boulevard with my friends at Sunlit Sunday

Broadway and West 42nd St. All roads lead to Super Bowl Blvd. I understand that David Beckham was in New York, but the billboard in the background was the closest I got to meeting him. The daughter of my blog buddy, Wandering Wren, got to meet him during her visit to New York. 


This was my next stop walking uptown from 42nd Street.

 This is as close as I got to the Vince Lombardi Trophy, which is given to the winner of the Big Game. The trophy was on display and you could have your picture taken with it. But the line was long -- really, really long -- and the day was really cold and I opted for a picture of the building. 

This is a section of the line for photos with the trophy. The trophy is top and center in the picture.   

I was all set to continue walking the seven more blocks until the end of Super Bowl Boulevard, but this was the moment I met the sweet young woman who suggested I visit Puppy Bowl and I was off to see the puppies. I still have one more enormous treat to share from this week, thanks to #DRBigGame, but that will be a post for later this week. The only hint I'll give is that it made me a very happy Giants fan. 

It's time for me to settle in with my chips and salsa and have a football evening. As ever thanks for visiting and take good care. 


22 comments

My Little Home and Garden said...

It looks like New York has embraced the big game and you sound like a true fan. Enjoy the game and thanks for sharing your enthusiasm at Sunlit Sunday.

Karen

Theresa said...

I am watching and have enjoyed seeing all of the activities in you City this week:) Have a blessed evening, HUGS!

Pamela Gordon said...

You sure go all out for the SuperBowl down there. lol I saw some highlights of the Puppy Bowl on the news tonight and it was pretty cute. I see the Seahawks are ahead 5-0 at the moment. Maybe your team will come ahead soon. Enjoy the game!

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

That sounds so fun, to be a part of the festivities. I'm watching the game now. I'm rooting for Denver, too, but things aren't looking too good!

Sola Scriptura said...

You always have something interesting and exciting to tell us about! I hope your team wins tonight.

Ms Sparrow said...

You lead such an interesting life!

Anonymous said...

Such fun and colorful shots around town. Have a fun time tonight!

Mevely317 said...

Good grief. What a let-down this game is turning into. I, too, like Peyton and Eli Manning; their whole family seems so nice ... and genuine.

Cindy said...

NY is big in the game play,lovely pictures, it must be all over by the time I'm writting this. Not big game fans, but love when others get excited over a hockey game.

Patty Sumner said...

How exciting.... Getting to be that close all the Superbowl happenings... I would imagine that the Puppy Bowl was fun!!! Seeing the line of folks who are waiting to take pics with the trophy...wow! Such Fun... you are my Number one New York Tour guide. Love it! Blessings!

TARYTERRE said...

Unfortunately the BIG game seemed one sided throughout most of it. But we ate our wings and corned beef and watched.

Little Wandering Wren said...

We have been cheering on the Seahawks from afar given we can shout "Go Hawks" just like we can for our Aussie Rules Footy team here!
I am loving your photos, as you know I am very connected to NY at the moment with our daughter loving life on exchange at NYU. You get a real sense of what it must be like downtown, I can't wait to visit at Easter!
Thanks for the shout out, so sweet of you. Although I think the word was 'saw' David Beckham, but very exciting nevertheless!!!! LOL
Keep blogging those wonderful NY photos.
Wren x

Grammy Staffy said...

Thanks for the tour down Super Bowl blvd. glad you could watch it from the warmth of your sofa with chips and salsa. Hugs, Lura
P.s. If you want to warm up take a peek at my blog. Maybe it will tempt you to come visit

Dee said...

Dear Carol, so it's now Monday. The game has ended and the Seahawks won. I wonder if you are morosely eating the last of the chips right about now.

I never knew there was a Superbowl Blvd. in New York. Is that just for the occasion each year????

Peace.

Dee said...

Dear Carol, so it's now Monday. The game has ended and the Seahawks won. I wonder if you are morosely eating the last of the chips right about now.

I never knew there was a Superbowl Blvd. in New York. Is that just for the occasion each year????

Peace.

BJ PUP said...

It's too bad that it didn't snow yesterday. Maybe the Broncos would have done better (actually done something) with the football. I was rooting for the Broncos and Peyton and was disappointed. Mostly I was bored with the one sidedness.

Let's hope for the Giants or Jets next year.

Kathie said...

I confess I'm not a fan although my husband along with a few of his buddies enjoyed the game. However, I did enjoy the snacks :)

I love seeing your NYC pictures - such a different landscape from here!

Linda said...

I am glad you had fun. Well..we rooted for Seattle, as Percy Harvin is from Univ. of Fl, us Gators have to stick together, (Gator Nation)lol. Have a wonderful week ahead.

Lorrie said...

Fun photos of NYC - a place I have yet to visit.

Suburban Girl said...

I think I would have skipped the line too!

Ida said...

Looks like an exciting time there. We of course rooted for the Seahawks - Victory!!!

Lynda said...

WOW - lots going on there as expected but we got a better view of it through your camera than we did on the TV! Good for you eating the salsa. I read or saw on TV that some people might consume up to 3,000 calories during the party and it was all from dips, etc.