Powered by Blogger.

Buttercup, A.K.A. #885



Here, you know me as Buttercup. When visiting Google+ I'm Carol Z. But if you are part of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge in April, just call me #885. Blogging from A to Z is a very big -- I'm number 885 and the sign-up goes on until the end of March -- blog hop. Each day, excluding weekends, I'll blog about a different letter of the alphabet. Any one else joining in? I think it's a fun idea and a stretch for my sometimes rusty creativity.

I had a fun and relaxing Sunday. The usual laundry and grocery shopping figured in my day, but I also spent some time with my college roommate enjoying coffee and conversation. It was a great way to start the day. This evening I went to a program at the Jewish Community Center on volunteer opportunities for people 60+. The speakers were very interesting and they represented some wonderful organizations. I will probably sign up to volunteer at a local theater. They have a range of great arts activities and it's only a short walk from home. I'm starting to focus on what happens after the big "R" later this spring. More blogging definitely, but I also want to make sure I am involved in community activities. The last few years have focused around work and health issues, but that will change very shortly. Are there new activities that you took up post-retirement?

Eeks! Monday is just around the corner. I am hoping, hoping for a less intense week and a few minutes to stop and smell the proverbial roses. Wishing you those same few minutes and many more!

10 comments

Grammy Staffy said...

I've been so busy after retiring that I don't know how I ever found time to work.... I bet you will feel the same. Thanks for your encouragement and prayers. I need both. Have a good week my friend. Hugs, Lura

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I too am always busy. Never a dull moment. I haven't gotten in to volunteering but do love having extra time to spend with family. You are going to love it.

Theresa said...

Since I retired 11 years ago... I find that my main goal every day is to enjoy each and every moment no matter what! Having the freedom to visit with friends and family whenever I want is precious to me! Can't wait to see what all you do after retirement! It is AWESOME:)

Ms Sparrow said...

Don't stress too much over retiring.
I worried too much and it was really needless.

The Cranky said...

I wish you a moment of joy so bright that all else pales for that moment.

Susie said...

Buttercup, I am longing to see a rose . I hope you have a nice easy week. I have so many irons in the fire for this one. enjoy what you can. xoxo,Susie

Melinda said...

Looking forward to your A-Z posts!

M :)

momto8 said...

love to read the A_Z posts...

Deanna said...

How fun and how exciting that your countdown to the big R is here. Somehow since retirement I have always been able to keep busy in various activities and I didn't start photography until retirement.

Philip Verghese 'Ariel' said...

Hi #885 aka Carol, Buttercup LOL
nice to meet you, nice presentation about the upcoming event well said,
I too joined in lately and now i propagate about this among my friend etc,
Keep blogging
keep inform
I am
Phil @ Philipscom
An ambassador to A to Z Challenge @ Tina's Life is Good
And My Bio-blog