Powered by Blogger.

Somewhere in this Big World...

Perhaps the thing that most awes, amazes and delights me is how blogging makes a very big world much, much smaller. When something happens thousands of miles from New York City, whether it's India or England or Oregon, there often is a connection to someone I have met through blogging. The degrees of separation have become very narrow.

When my dear buddy, Marydon, posted on facebook about her cousin's bout with MDS (myelodysplastic syndrome) and his need for a stem cell donor, it wasn't simply a story about someone in Oregon. It's my dear Marydon's cousin and I wanted to share it with my blog buddies. My college roommate's brother-in-law, Steve, went through a similar procedure for multiple myeloma a few months ago, so I had some familiarity with the procedure. Steve is making good progress and I can only hope and pray that Marydon's cousin has the same opportunity for treatment.

I'm having a quiet day today. I've had some leg pain and am resting and taking it easy for the daytime. I'd had a list of errands, but they will have to wait. I am meeting a friend for dinner in a little while, and that should be fun and not too demanding. Yes, despite all the good advice I've gotten I may have overdone it. I'm going to take things easier for the next few days and hope that I have an improvement in the level of pain.
I hope you are all having a fun and relaxing Saturday!
 

13 comments

Unknown said...

Thank you, Carol. You are a wonderful friend to share this with your part of this big world & friends. It is such a sad time not to be able to snap fingers & make someone well.

All we can do is pray that someone will come forward, be tested & become a donor ... to anyone in need of help.

Hope you are going to slow down a wee bit. Have a beautiful weekend.

Again, thank you so much.

TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Ms Sparrow said...

Taking it easy is always a good idea!

Nellie said...

Take care of yourself, Buttercup! It sounds like resting is a good idea!

Anonymous said...

indeed, resting is in order. pain is always a warning. wish you a relaxed weekend, dear. xxo

Chatty Crone said...

I read Marydon's post and I think this is wonderful to bring this to our attention. I hope he finds a match too.

love, sandie

Terra said...

Marydon is a sweetie, I agree, and blogging makes the world a bit and sometimes a lot smaller, in a good way. Now rest up Carol!

Marie Rayner said...

God bless you Buttercup. I love the blogging world. I have made some beautiful and much beloved friends through this medium. I agree, Mardon is a sweetie and I love her to bits too. xxoo

TARYTERRE said...

Finding a match is critical. I hope the clock does not run out. You and Mary on were smart to educate us about this disease. Prayers sent his way. Hope you relaxed this weekend Buttercup and let yourself heal. Take care.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's Sunday morning and I'm just catching up on Saturday posts, so I'm hoping that you are feeling much better today.

Susie said...

Buttercup, I wish more than anything that we could have met while I was in your big city. I am going to look up what you mentioned in your post. I hope you are feeling better. I had to rest my arthritic ankles after coming home from NYC. We did a lot of walking there. But hey, I would rather walk than stand around anytime. :):) Smiles, Susie

Amrita said...

Stopping by to say Hi, Buttercup

Theresa said...

Sweet Marydon, I am praying for them all and that her Cousin will find the donor! Have a blessed day dear friend, hope your leggies feel better! HUGS!

Lynda said...

I read the newer blog that you are feeling better. I am so glad. That story of overdoing it is familiar to me, too. Once my knee begins to feel better, I automatically go back to taking longer steps and it aggravates it again. Right now I am fine though.