Powered by Blogger.

Not Just One, Tonight...

We Have Two Winners!

Both Michelle and Taryterre's husband gave the correct name of the Williamsburg Bridge, which spans the East River and connects Brooklyn and Manhattan. It was built in 1903 and was the longest suspension bridge when it was built and one of the last major bridges built for horse and carriage. I enjoyed all the guesses and I would love to have a bridge named for me. Yay for the Buttercup Bridge!

Michelle will be getting a fun tote from BlogHer and Taryterre will be receiving a book from BookExpo. I know Taryterre is a great reader and a book makes a terrific consolation prize.

It was tough getting back to business today, even though it was only a weekend out of the office. I feel that I was out of the office longer. Today was another beautiful summer day and I would have so liked to be outside and enjoying New York City. Did anyone else have a tough Monday getting back to routine? I hope tomorrow goes a little smoother for all of us.

Wishes for a sweet Tuesday!


10 comments

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Congrats to the winners. I wouldn't have any idea the correct name of that bridge...

Hope you have a sweet Tuesday also.
Hugs,
Betsy

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm retired so took advantage of the beautiful weather to work in our yard today. There was much to do as there wasn't much of anything done when it was so hot out. How nice it is to be having some cooler temps. Hope your week is much better than today was for you!

TARYTERRE said...

Congrats to Michelle. I'm so excited about the consolation prize. Thank you Buttercup. I will have to share it with my hubby, since he's the one that guessed. He'll be so full of himself, now. LOL I really enjoyed the armchair traveling via your post and the internet. I hope we do more in the future. take care.

Mevely317 said...

Congrats to Michelle and Taryterre! Your contests are always such fun; it's a kick to play along!

DH had to undergo medical tests downtown today, so my Monday was largely spent in waiting rooms, chewing my cuticles - lol. I ditto your wishes for a smooth Tuesday!

Mary said...

Ya....now it's 1 am and I am not finished with it. Must go sleep, call it good.

Nancy said...

Since I'm "retired," Mondays are always good. :)

Theresa said...

Congrats to the lucky and SMART ladies to have SMART husbands:) Hope you have a terrific Tuesday dear friend, BIG HUGS!

Susie said...

Buttercup, Got all the mail answered that I recieved while I was in your wonderful city. Just one week away from our own lifes makes a job when you return. Laundry is done, all of it. I washed everything we took on our trip even if we didn't wear it. Can't take a chance on getting bugs. Yes, you can call me a Bug-A-Phobe.LOL. I saw all the bridges lit up at night, when we did the harbor cruise, on Wednesday evening. It was a beautiful sight. xo, Susie



Grandma Yellow Hair said...

What lucky winners! I know their both happy to be receiving such nice gifts.
I missed out on the fun. It seems I have been a very bad blogging buddy of late to you and all my friends.
Too much going on out here on the North Forty and I can't seem to get caught up.
I do miss you and I enjoyed my visit with you tonight. I am going to Portland on Sept 8th so I guess that may be the closest I ever get to seeing your beautiful city.
Take care honey and have a beautiful week.
Love
Maggie

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the winners. We are enjoying cooler temps and enjoy a little time in the backyard with Harriet. Hope you had a good day.