Powered by Blogger.

Ain't Easy Being Paparazzi

This week I'm happily more able to get around and have widened my circle of activities. One of the things I'm better able to do is take the subway home from work. I don't do it every night, but I decided that tonight I would attempt the version from my office -- I've been dropped off at a more convenient station by a friend -- and I was rewarded by a paparazzi moment.

I was walking from the subway to the bus and saw about a dozen people with big, serious cameras. I immediately went on celebrity watch and got right in the midst of the group with my little digital camera.

Celebrity emerges from the limo...

...And very graciously poses for the paparazzi, including your own Buttercup. 

Taking the subway is one of the things I've wanted to do since my surgery. I planned the trip carefully, but the escalator I was counting on to help me get out of the station wasn't working. I ended up climbing --very slowly -- three flight of stairs. The stairs and the tremendous crowding at rush hour were a challenge, but I was pleased to be able to do the trip, and none the worse for wear. 

Am I exactly back to where I was last March before my spinal tumor developed? Not yet. But one of the things that this experience has given me is the realization of the tenuousness of good health and I am determined to get myself in the best shape that I can. I have one more week of physical therapy and I working with my wonderful physical therapist, Christine, to put together exercise and activities that I can do moving forward.

As always, thanks for stopping by. If I haven't said it lately, I love having visitors and please make yourself at home in Buttercupland! 

9 comments

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun to be right there with your camera! Great photo! Sorry the escalator was not working but glad that you managed ok. Hope you are able to rest soundly tonight.

Nellie said...

How wonderful that she posed! And - wonderful that you had your camera ready!

I actually hadn't known the reason for your surgery. It sounds as though you are recovering very well! Just take care of yourself!

xo Nellie

Mevely317 said...


"When you least expect it ...
Smile!"
Great capture! Isn't her dress to die for?
I especially liked the looks on that sweet older couple in the background.

So glad to hear you're making such great progress! Those stairs must count towards scads of physical therapy points!

Mary said...

Undoubtedly famous...just don't know the name. Lucky pararazzi you.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That is a great picture. It makes you wonder what the occasion was . I don't know as I would like being on the celebrity side of the camera at all. I know I wouldn't look as good for sure. It's great to hear that you are doing so well and venturing out more and doing all those steps deserves a big HOORAY!!! You did it !!!
Take care though and don't over do.

Theresa said...

What a fun time. Hope you have a wonderful day dear friend. Big hugs.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are well now, I just commented on the motorcycles on a previous post. love,andrea

Ms Sparrow said...

Wow, I thought you had hip surgery, now I find out it was much more serious than that. I'm so relieved to hear your recovery is going so well! I have mixed feelings about Kathy Griffin, I really enjoy her work but then, I will never be on the receiving end of her sharp wit!

TARYTERRE said...

That shot of Kathy is fantastic. She looks stunning in pink. But I can not fathom how you were able to climb three flight of stairs. It had to be awful. I hope your next commute home is less stressful. Good Luck with your PT. Take care.