Powered by Blogger.

Leaving on a Jet Plane...

...In My Mind!

I love to travel and one of my fondest activities is going. It doesn't have to be far and exotic -- although I do enjoy far and exotic -- but it's tough to realize that this summer will pass and I am not going anywhere. I understand the reasons. The first,  my neurosurgeon has enjoined me from traveling for two more months. The second, I can barely sit for an hour and the third is that I am not supposed to lift anything over twenty pounds and that's pushing it. If I had access to a private plane... I so don't have access to a private plane or even first class, that I am smiling at the thought. 

I have decided to travel in my mind this week. I am going to return to a few of my favorite places and I hope you will enjoy the trip. I know I will. This evening let's settle in to our chairs and be off to Barcelona. 

The view from the Art Museum

The architect, Gaudi, worked in an extraordinary style. 

  We definitely need to stop for a snack at the Market... 

or a cup of coffee at a cafe. 

It's been a quick trip, but a fun visit. I love planning trips and I love going on trips, but it's equally sweet to savor and share the happy memories.  So happy that I had such good company on my return visit.

Wishes for a sweet Tuesday!

10 comments

Anonymous said...

Good Evening, That first photo is extraordinary! I would love to shop the market and enjoy a cup of coffee with you!
Rest well tonight and have a good Tuesday.

Theresa said...

Thanks for taking me along on this trip with you!!! I travel a lot in my memories too;). Beautiful pics!!! Have a blessed evening dear friend. Hugs

TARYTERRE said...

I have never been to Barcelona. It was delightful. I enjoyed the mini vacation. Thanks for letting me tag along. GORGEOUS photos.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm always taking a mind trip to the beach, so I can relate to your trips there. You have done a lot more traveling than I have so I'll enjoy your memories too. Hope your Tuesday is a terrific one!

Ms Sparrow said...

Looks like a lovely time!

Mimi said...

HI BUTTERCUP!!!!
I hope you are feeling better. I know how slow recovery is sometimes. I like that we can all take virtual vacations when we need to. I loved Barcelona...Only spent 2 1/2 days there, but it was amazing. If the Olympics(SUMMER) are in Madrid in 2020....I know can you imagine planning that far ahead??????My Hubby wants to attend a SUMMER olympic game....I know Madrid or Istanbul would be great places to go.
Hope you are resting and recovering completely
hugs,
jamie
did you get my card???

Nellie said...

It does appear that you had a wonderful Barcelona experience! Thanks for taking us along.:)

xo Nellie

Kate said...

I am sorry you aren't traveling this fall. It's nice to have trips to look forward to, especially around every 4 to 6 months. The Buttercup view would be that it is nice you have been privileged to see so many wonderful places. Miss Stinkweed however will demand to see more. A good immigration policy in Buttercupland will keep her out. We have many miles ahead of us.

Lynda said...

The important thing is you know that by being patient and being a good patient, you will be traveling more than memories soon.

Anonymous said...

The fruit stand looks great; now I'm hungry.